Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, a 1001 thankyous already!

My scrolling through the many, many wonderfully informative posts on this forum introduced me to Liverpool Victoria Insurance.

Had never heard of them before.

I did the Go-compare and confused thing and LV was in the frame...not one of the cheapest and not expensive. But, because I knew nothing about them, I was looking more at the AA, Saga, RAC, FluxDirect etc. because of their familiarity and because I'm scared of cheap no-name brand insurance. I liked the fact that LV are Defacto 5 star rated as well.

It was the postings about LV covering the pano-roof under glass and windscreen as opposed to general, that made me really take notice. Sure enough, it's there in black and white in their policy details.

The policy is in my wife's name as I want her to build up some NCB now that we're back in the UK. She has no NCB, not because of any accident, but because the insurance policies have always been in my name.

I was stunned to discover that the annual premium difference between zero NCB and 9 years NCB was only about £70. Didn't matter whether it was AA, Saga or Flux. Okay, they load the excess with an extra £200, but that's, hopefully, something we'll never have to be concerned about.

Thank you, again.

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
1,891 Posts
Hey Gus

It’s great that you are reading existing posts, many new members ask questions that have been covered many times before.

LV and Aviva are two good insurance companies that cover all the glass including the Panoramic Roof.
They are both on cashback sites like Quidco so swapping between them reduces the price with “new customers only” deals.

:)

·
Registered
543 Posts
I thought id just mention I have been with L.V in the past they were very quick on settling a claim no problems paying out & very competitive on price but after making a claim the following year the quote wasn't accepted so moved to Admiral but just recently I accepted a quote from JLR insurance which in the past has been too expensive they also paid the cancellation fees for me to move my advice is to really shop around every year & dont become nonchalant into insurance ...

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Agree pays to shop around these days. Churchill wanted over a grand to insure the Velar. Went to Saga who wanted approx £300. Interesting concerning pano roof. The last Evoque had one and Churchill confirmed covered under glass section. Velar is a tin top but wifes Slk has a pano roof think I'll ask Churchill to confirm its covered under glass to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Does your company cover it Donna?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Saga do actually says in there policy book panoramic roof is covered!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at JLR for insurance and would have preferred to have gone with them. But there were a lot of negative comments about their insurance on the forum. Their quote was fine for me with my accumulated years of NCB coming in at about £425 but I want my wife to build up some of her own NCB and with her zero NCB the JLR quote was just under £800!! That pretty much decided it.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I looked at JLR for insurance and would have preferred to have gone with them. But there were a lot of negative comments about their insurance on the forum. Their quote was fine for me with my accumulated years of NCB coming in at about £425 but I want my wife to build up some of her own NCB and with her zero NCB the JLR quote was just under £800!! That pretty much decided it.
I work in insurance and as I couldn't take advantage of my 25% discount on lowest quote as I'd not been with the company for a year , I did some shopping about and found the co -op was cheapest £340 if remember correctly I'm at work so will check later , that's me in a fairly high risk area according to insurance maps!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've found the cheapest quotes for me are with LV or Admiral.

Each year, when my renewal quote arrives, I check and every other year, sure enough, the premium has gone up. A check with the Meerkats shows the other one is cheaper so I find myself switching backwards and forwards between the two every couple of years.

·
Registered
456 Posts
£309 with lv, my insurance for a 2017 Dynamic lux actually ended up cheaper than my 2015 pure tech so I got a refund! Win, win.

·
Registered
193 Posts
ive been with LV for a few years now, yes they tend to increase year on year but ive always said that unless it was a massive increase it wasn't worth me switching elsewhere. I do check every year to make sure but LV are continually at the top of the comparisons for me.
Last years price £417 with business use and 1 claim in 2013 for hitting a deer
this years renewal £453 !!
price comparison came in at £366 with no business use and no claims in 5 years
LV got it to £383 in the end so ive stuck with them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
LV are the first insurance company that I have stayed with for more than 12 months.

Gus
I see you're like me. You ask one simple question on this forum and you get called a 'User'

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
LV are the first insurance company that I have stayed with for more than 12 months.

Gus
I see you're like me. You ask one simple question on this forum and you get called a 'User'
Few more posts and you become addicts , lol...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Gus looking closer at the insurance particulars closer the underwriters for JLR are Liverpool Victoria the Pan Roof is the same excess as panel damage & not windscreen ...

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Gus looking closer at the insurance particulars closer the underwriters for JLR are Liverpool Victoria the Pan Roof is the same excess as panel damage & not windscreen ...
Expect that's because JLR have cheapened the product to increase their margin. Buy the insurance from LV directly, get a lower price and higher level of cover. Cut out JLR!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Expect that's because JLR have cheapened the product to increase their margin. Buy the insurance from LV directly, get a lower price and higher level of cover. Cut out JLR!
Im not going to go into too much detail on here & I have no axe to grind the info i'm sharing believe me is competitive recently for me however peoples circumstances on insurance differ lets not assume that L.V is the best policy for everyone my advice for what its worth get several quotes before deciding one size does not fit all ...

·
Registered
456 Posts
My £309 includes business use and a husband with speeding points, and I live in Northern Ireland where insurance is more expensive, mine must be cheaper as I’m a woman driver and as well all know we are the safer drivers :grin:

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
My £309 includes business use and a husband with speeding points, and I live in Northern Ireland where insurance is more expensive, mine must be cheaper as I’m a woman driver and as well all know we are the safer drivers :grin:
The statistics don’t lie .....?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
My own statistics show that women are more likely to cause an accident but not actually be involved, just leave the mess behind in their rearview mirror for us blokes to pick up the pieces.......did I just say that?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts