Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new to this owners group and to the evoque I bought my 14 plate dynamic 2 weeks ago and 5 days ago I had a problem with the boot not opening it clicks open but will not go up I pushed it up and pressed button to come down and it worked. Then it went onto limp mode and message saying battery low and will close down in 3 minutes. Has anyone come across this problem before.
Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi........your battery is low :ROFLMAO:

Sorry but its a common condition especially in winter when batteries are less efficient and if its not being used much due to covid restrictions......the Evoques have a battery monitoring system and if they measure the voltage to be too low they will prioritise which systems to power and start to shut off parts of the car which are not essential eg the rear tailgate which used a lot of power to operate (presume you have the electronic tailgate).......the answer is to put your battery on a charger to recondition it......if that does not work you may need a new AGM battery......they last 5-7 years depending on use so if yours is on the original it may be due a new ones ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi it does have an electronic tailgate
Thanks for reply so quickly I have been told that there is 2 batteries if so how do I no which one is low

·
Registered
432 Posts
Ah the earlier Evoques had an auxiliary battery which is not in the later ones....not exactly sure what year they changed that.......I’m not sure as I have the later one with a single AGM battery, hopefully someone will be along to clarify......

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I think on the earlier models, the auxiliary battery was for the stop start. The main vehicle battery is the one that will give the low battery warnings and will also power the tailgate.

If you put your vehicle details into your signature you will get more tailored answers for your vehicle.

If you do a search in the forum for Ctek you should find a few threads relating to low battery problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts