Evoque Owners Club banner

Letting coming off

831 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Langdonfairchild 
#1 ·
Hi there my name is Gordon ingram I have just got a land rover evoque and the letting on the bonnet as gone black can anyone help me with this matter it will a great help if someone can help me with this problem

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum they are meant to be silver are they, as some members have changed theirs to black lettering.

#5 ·
You plating has probably been stripped of, what did they wash it with battery acid and a steam cleaner? 😂😂
Needs new badges, check out PowerfulUK if you don’t want to pay LR prices. 👍🏻

#7 · (Edited)
Yeah cheap offerings on Fleebay mine lasted about 3yr before they started to peel with the weather.
I did then get the VB Santorini Black lettering from the LR so fingers crossed wont have the same issue ;);)

Reactions: Binty
#8 ·
Hello.
You can remove them with a plastic spreader you use for body filler by just pushing them. Doesn't mark the paintwork.Will leave a bit of double sided tape on the panel and badges.
Easily removed with tar and glue remover or a good thumb roll 👍. Line-out the lettering with lining tape or masking tape before removing so you have small squares so you can replace them exactly where you removed them from. Aerosol silver and lacquer. Paint in gold or what ever colour you like.Time scale for me. Two hours. I've done so many over the year's and still do today.
Don't forget the replace the double sided tape before painting. Any car paint supplies stock everything you need.
Cost. 25 pounds for everything. You're time is free.Make sure you get the 2k lacquer in aerosol. Not one pack lacquer because will flake off.
Enjoy. 😁

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.