Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is now 6 weeks old and done 5k miles. I have theivory / grey interior known as Pursuit. To my horror, last night I noticed the back of the drivers seat has stained black. I suspect it is from a jacket I wear which as an exterior plasticy / polyester / waterprooftype material. Anybody esle experienced anything like this whats the best way of cleaning / restoring it.

Just tried to upload a picture but got this:

Server Error in Forum Application
An error has occurred while uploading file/image.
Please check the Dundas Upload Component is installed on the server.
Please contact the Forum Administrator.

Support Error Code:- err_SQLServer_create_Dundas_Upload_object
File Name:- functions_upload.asp
Forum Version:- 10.03

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Malph. I think I am going back to the dealer. They should have warned me this could happen so they can at least have a go at cleaning it and then can see what protection can be applied. First time I have had a car with non black leather seats and this happens!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm afraid the light coloured leather leeches colour out of fabrics pressed against it, aided by warmth and, dare I say it, moisture. Many are wooed by the lighter coloured leathers but they are a maintenance nightmare; at Goodwood last June, the leather looked terrible after a few days of hundreds of backsides in blue jeans sliding over the bolsters.

You can take it back to the dealer but you shouldn't expect them to be able to wave a magic wand. If they are able to improve it, you should treat the leather with a protective conditioner at least once a month, especially given your high mileage.

If you are specc'ing your car, you should know that while black may not be fashionable, it is practical and harder wearing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts