Evoque Owners Club banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
The guy that inspected mine said it was a common fault.... the adhesive that holds screen in goes in the corners... I said to JLR it’s not a rubber or seal it’s part of structure, and the longer it goes on the more chance of you having to replace my media system and whatever else electrical that’s getting damaged

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,766 Posts
It would be good to have more details @Andrew_H

The clips are just the plastic rivets (correct part number (typo on invoice) is LR033144)

These type of clips hold on the A pillar glossy trim (I'm not sure there are 10 without looking).

I don't understand what they could mean by "remove seal"? The screen is bonded in so it can't be a windscreen seal.
If they just messed about on the seal between the A pillar trims then this isn't a water seal, I'm pretty sure they are just cosmetic.

The invoice also says "windscreen moves" ?! If it's bonded in how have they fixed that without removing it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
To be fair, I only assumed they didn't remove it as I thought they would have to get people in to do that, and it would cost more. Maybe they did?

The "windscreen moves" was I think the notes they took when I phoned to book it in. The windscreen leaked a lot at the top on the passenger side, and if you pushed gently from the inside the windscreen would move a mm or so.

We've had heavy rain this morning and no leaks and the windscreen no longer moves. I'm taking it to the jet wash now to test for leaks, fingers crossed...

·
Registered
3 Posts
After a few weeks in to this ordeal LR suggested (in writing) to claim for a broken windscreen off my insurance. This I refused and actually contacted my insurance informing them that LR are actually pushing people to fraud insurance instead of repairing their lousy manufacturing. Following this and another bunch of emails and calls they suggested LR would cover 1/3 of the costs, the importers to Switzerland would cover 1/3 and 1/3 for us (just under £600 each).I refused !! And so after 9 weeks of phone calls, emails and threatening to contact social and local media + 20ft of sellotape we've agreed that I pay £170 and they will cover the rest.
Not 100% satisfied and just shows how much you have to fight. Even having given them the copy of the USA Technical notice where they are expecting around 12% returns of cars between certain s/n no. (mine included) for this defect, they just told me this was a USA issue, nothing to do with Europe.
Good luck to anyone else having this issue :) I'll keep you posted if anything else crops up. Just to mention I went through the Italy Evoque forum, there were also a few windscreen leaks there too.

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,737 Posts
Glad you got some kind of a result anyway Mart_CH, never give up, fight for what's right!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts