Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
I’ve no idea if a certain year but whatever it is it’s unexpectable, so not accepting it’s not under warranty, other half has dealt with it so far but lost the plot this morning... see what inspection brings on Monday?

·
Registered
11,277 Posts
Unnaceptable, NOT unexpectable--what are you like lady??

Reactions: XZ4

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,665 Posts
Reactions: Donna

·
Registered
11,277 Posts
Was using Donna's spell checker at the time Sir! (Scottish version)

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
That bit you in the arse professor Maffy
????????

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
But I C what you mean

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Veteran... screenshot... lol the only thing you can shoot is a musket ?????
Muskets were brought in after my service, you can’t beat a bow and arrow and pike staff

·
Registered
11,277 Posts
Not at all dearest Donna, simply blamed your spell checker!!!! but the point was valid!:geek:

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Well after 3 weeks of arguments with dealership about leaking windshield JLR authoritied payment for inspection on Monday ... report from there body shop sent to Taggarts then forwarded to JLR complaint manager who has authorised the work to be carried out at there expense... so just waiting to hear when it can be booked in... eventually ?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Good news Donna... Let's hope they don't damage anything inside or outside the windshield area, when they do the work!

·
Registered
11,277 Posts
They won't be able to concentrate, what with the fumes from the bottle of Buckfast under the seat!!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,437 Posts
They've got to get past all the Jimmy Choos in the foot well too.

Nice job Donna, why do you have to fight like crazy on a car in warranty for something that is obviously a fault of some lazy robot not putting enough etch on!

Reactions: Veteran

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
It goes too show in this world you have to really fight for what’s right.... even though you shouldn’t have too ... all these big companies employ staff to try and minimise there costs it’s wrong!

Ps no way my shoes or bags are left in car don’t want them getting wet?

Reactions: XZ4 and Maffy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is there a single build year effected or several years? (or is it affected?) :unsure:
Hi My Evoque ran out of warranty 25 days ago and I have just discovered a leak on the top right of the windscreen. Searching on the net I found this Tech Note from LR USA. Seems they are expecting about 12% LR returns for such leaks (also Discovery models). I'm in for a battle with the dealers now!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
I had hell of a battle getting my leak repaired under warranty... the dealership told me it wasn’t covered after weeks of arguing my case with Landrover complaints they agreed to inspect it for free ... at there authorised body shop .... this then got the eventual ok to go ahead and repair, unfortunately on the date it was due in and my warranty had expired my steering rack failed..... again after a few more long winded discussions , they agreed to fix that as well so had a curtesy car for 6 weeks and both got fixed .... it was a battle and used every bit of ammunition I was given on here , the threat of independent inspections and so on..... I didn’t go with Landrover extended warranty as it was double the price of warranty direct and wasn’t willing to pay £170 for a inspection when my car is serviced at the same garage... plus some of the terms and conditions in there warranty are not as clear as what wear and tear is .... as it is on mine ... for all with the 2 litre engine it also covers DPF filter if can’t be forced to regen.... and covers multi media computer etc...if you prefer to take all the options unlimited billing you can take to Landrover anyway ... but on all these warranties leaks are not covered...but for piece of mind motoring £470 a year isn’t bad for all the expensive bits if you’re like me and not inclined to fix yourself...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi My Evoque ran out of warranty 25 days ago and I have just discovered a leak on the top right of the windscreen. Searching on the net I found this Tech Note from LR USA. Seems they are expecting about 12% LR returns for such leaks (also Discovery models). I'm in for a battle with the dealers now!!!
Keep us updated with how you get on!
Mine has the same issue (2015 Evoque), I am going to email Land Rover Customer Service now and see what they say. Mine is nearly 2 years out of warranty, however it seems that if I lived in the US it would be covered under that recall document you shared (thank you for that!).

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Keep us updated with how you get on!
Mine has the same issue (2015 Evoque), I am going to email Land Rover Customer Service now and see what they say. Mine is nearly 2 years out of warranty, however it seems that if I lived in the US it would be covered under that recall document you shared (thank you for that!).
My argument was that as it was still under warranty then if the media ,electrical components on dash got damaged then it would be costing them more to replace under warranty.... it’s the seal at the top of screen that goes you could argue that it’s part of bodywork after all it’s a above and beyond 4x4... mine is a 2015 as well ... the authorised repairer told me it was a common fault.... hope you get some joy

·
Registered
3 Posts
So the battle goes on!! LRJ have refused to cover under warranty. They are telling me to contact my insurance company to cover the cost so in actual fact fraud my insurance for their bad manufacturing. I'm still trying and I'll keep you posted. Andrew_H how did you get on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's booked in tomorrow for them to look at it, following which Land Rover said they will review what the garage tells them....
Will seen what happens. Am quite happy to complain or go to small claims court if thats an option.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts