Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the site and this is my first post. I have been reading many of the posts as a visitor and wannabe Evoque owner. Very informative and gives real life answers and reviews, Thanks!!!
I may be a little previous, but I put my order in today so felt I could join the forum and stop being just a visitor.

Ordered: 5dr Prestige auto SD4, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Lux pack, Privicy Glass

Looking forward to reading more and contributing when I can.

·
10,626 Posts
Well welcome to the forum.

Now the important question, delivery date given to you is?

·
Registered
208 Posts
BTS18 said:
Ordered: 5dr Prestige auto SD4, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Lux pack, Privicy Glass
What colour roof lining did you choose?

Did you know that you can now have a Cirrus roof lining in addition to Ebony and Ivory when you have an Element interior? If you prefer a light roof lining, Cirrus would match much better than Ivory. (I have a build date of 24 February, and just managed to change my specification in time).

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been given a delivery date of 'late May'. I'm taking this as a bit of sales pitch and waiting for the delays to start coming in.
I did do some research before ordering, and the general consensus from most dealers was 10 - 12 months lead time. One dealership I went to quoted 6 months and the following week quoted at least a year. If anyone knows of a way to find out the true waiting time from a specific dealership I would be interested to know.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Donny Dog - I requested the Cirrus roof lining when ordering but the salesman had no idea what I was talking about. I told him to just list the Ivory, just to get the order in, and I would change it later. Thanks for the advice though. I probably picked that info up from your post before I ordered, otherwise I would not have known anything about it. It is certainly not listed as an option on the spec.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
208 Posts
BTS18 said:
Donny Dog - I requested the Cirrus roof lining when ordering but the salesman had no idea what I was talking about. I told him to just list the Ivory, just to get the order in, and I would change it later. Thanks for the advice though. I probably picked that info up from your post before I ordered, otherwise I would not have known anything about it. It is certainly not listed as an option on the spec.
Thanks again.

The salesman at my dealer was unaware of it as well, but, when he went 'into' my order it allowed the change. I originally picked up the information on babyrr.com, so these forums are better informed than LR dealers!

Regarding delivery dates:
As I only had a short test drive originally, I went on an extended test drive at a different dealers (Marshalls of Lincoln) in January. He (not knowing I already had an order in place) was confident that he could get me a car for June (5 months). My actual order was placed in early October, so my delivery (assuming it comes in early March as predicted) will also have taken 5 months.

Edited by: Donny Dog

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi - congratulationson the order!
Like you I was given a date of 6 months which also turned into a year a week later. I can't wait until December for a new car, so I rang around some leasing companies and have managed to find one with a slot for early May. I gave them my spec and have also managed to get cheaper HP financing than LR were offering too!

Since then I have had a call from LR saying that they are sure it wouldn't take a year - but as you say - how can we be sure on what is the truth in these timings?

Only thing I worry about is whether I will have a proper handover - not sure if the car just gets delivered to me from the leasing company... but still at least I should be able to have mine before the summer!

Can't wait now - hopefully early May delivery....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the welcome posts.
All quiet now after the flurry of activity, researching andordering. Now its just a waiting game and double checking the spec in case I change my mind. Submitted my spec 10 days ago and already I am waying up the looks of the 2 door to the practicality of 4 doors. I will be adding the heated steering wheel at some point. Next the wheels, decisions..... decisions.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Donny Dog said:

Did you know that you can now have a Cirrus roof lining in addition to Ebony and Ivory when you have an Element interior? If you prefer a light roof lining, Cirrus would match much better than Ivory. (I have a build date of 24 February, and just managed to change my specification in time).
Donny Dog............ I had a call yesterday to confirm the Cirrus headliner on my spec. Still not shown as an option on the LR website though. ........ I also added the heated steering wheel after all the positive comments on this forum.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi,
Is the cirus headlining optional extra or standard? I emailed my dealer with final build and asked about it but still waiting for reply.

·
Registered
137 Posts
bts18, Hi again,
Just looked at your build, same as mine , I have added the 20 inch style 6 wheels.

·
Registered
208 Posts
BTS18 said:
Donny Dog said:

Donny Dog............ I had a call yesterday to confirm the Cirrus headliner on my spec. Still not shown as an option on the LR website though. ........ I also added the heated steering wheel after all the positive comments on this forum.

Glad you managed to get it. My car build was yesterday, so hopefully I've got that headlining too!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
quick mick said:
Hi,
Is the cirus headlining optional extra or standard? I emailed my dealer with final build and asked about it but still waiting for reply.
Cirrus headliner is a no cost option as far as I'm aware. Not listed on the build though. Things are changing as the Ebony headliner on the Prestige is now a £250 extra.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Donny Dog said:
BTS18 said:
Donny Dog said:

Glad you managed to get it. My car build was yesterday, so hopefully I've got that headlining too!

Congratulations (Slightly jealous!!!), Looking forward to seeing some interior photos.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I visited my dealership for the first time at the weekend (180 mile round trip), and spoke to the salesman for the first time. Stll happy with my choice 'to go the extra mile' as everything has been spot on so far with good communcation.
My build date has come forward a week already, so my original estimate of end of May now looks to be more like the start of May. Hope it continues!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The car was built yesterday, so just waiting on delivery to the dealership, PDI and detailing.
When I first ordered the car I was given end of May as delivery date, I could be picking it up a full month early. Happy days.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My RRE will be at the dealers this Friday. I was told the time from build to delivery was 3 weeks, although many on the forum said 10 days was more realistic.
This will be 6 days from build to delivery, so things do seem to be moving quicker.

When I originally ordered the car I was given roughly a 4 month lead time, which I took to be a bit of sales pitch by the dealer. The actual time from order to delivery will be 2 months 3 weeks.Shopping around, and giving the smaller dealers a callreally has paid off.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Awesome stuff mate. I wish my turnaround was that quick!
Ordered Jan, expected July.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yeah, I had been told they were 3 weeks ahead of schedule... Latest is that there is no change in my delivery. At least it should be on time! 2 weeks to go!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts