Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
Kodak you have a point... their car ...

If I take a liking to this mine will never be clean nah I'll but a defender if I like it .... and keep mine nice and clean ....

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I thought it would be best to see what my own car can do instead of getting depressed at how good the ffRR and RRS2 is, knowing that I can't afford one. Ha.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
So, when I eventually receive my 1/2 day experience voucher, what exactly can I expect? Just wondering if I can take a friend as my wife will have absolutely zero interest in doing it!

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">
tattoobob26 said:
I thought it would be best to see what my own car can do instead of getting depressed at how good the ffRR and RRS2 is, knowing that I can't afford one. Ha.
<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">Wise move

Steve D said:
So, when I eventually receive my 1/2 day experience voucher, what exactly can I expect? Just wondering if I can take a friend as my wife will have absolutely zero interest in doing it!
Yes you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDcaiUC5Y_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZUCS59rmMY
<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">

·
Premium Member
7,323 Posts
Hi SteveD
I've just received my voucher.
You can choose from about 7 venues around the UK and you can take 2 guests with you free.
They do say out of the 3, maybe keep drivers to just 2 so you get enough drive time.
You can also pay a little more to upgrade to a full day if you want to.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Thanks. When did you buy your car? I'd have had mine a month on Monday, just wondering how long to give it before I start pestering the dealer.

·
Premium Member
7,323 Posts
Hi SteveD
I took delivery on 8th October and received the voucher last week.
I think they wait for one month as you have a certain amount of time to cool off on the finance.
So it was about 5 weeks.
They do say not to worry if you don't receive it, just give them a call and they will sort your free half day out.
I did post the number last week but if you haven't got it let us know and anyone will gladly post the number up for you.
But you should get it soon.

Tell you what I havent received - the questionnaire from dealer yet ..... Mmmm????

Edited by: Spiderman

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Wow what an amazing day it was, Staff and everything was brilliant and oh boy I'm amazed at what the little evoque can do. Amazing day i would recommend it to anyone. Pics to follow later.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
wow glad you had a great tattoo and looking forward to the pics ;)

·
Premium Member
7,323 Posts
Good to hear Tattoobob

I was amazed and eyes were opened when I did the Halewood experience..........this machine we drive is amazing what it can do isn't it

Can't wait for photos and in depth report

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yea spiderman my eyes were well and truly opened, Our instructor Andy says the evoque will go anywhere a defender, Disco or big range rover will go and after seeing it in action today I belive itEdited by: tattoobob26

·
Registered
357 Posts
The one comment I will make though, is it is far easier to do it in someone else's Evoque than my own, as if I get it wrong in my own I pay for it.

A few years ago I had a day which included sliding Audis (TTRS, RS5 and R8) around the Silverstone Stowe Circuit in the wet and enjoyed every moment of it, yet a few weeks later full of bravado, I took my own TT to Castle Combe in the wet and the moment she started to slide I bricked it!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

Edited by: tattoobob26

·
Premium Member
7,323 Posts
Great photos Tattoobob. I bet your going to say what I said.
The photos don't really show the heights your at and how fast your hearts beats in some situations.
Did you get the "this car ain't gonna do that" ?
And then it did

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
wow great pics... and looks fantastic.... glad you had fun... right my turn next

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Ha yea spiderman I was sitting saying there's no way this vehicle is going to do that and it done it easy.

·
Super Moderator
4,884 Posts
Looks and sounds as though you had a great day Bob.
The Evoque has surprised many with its off road capabilities, although there aren't many that will actually take their own car off road its still great to see what it can do.
I think the only thing the Evoque cant do compared to its bigger brothers, is the wading depth, but its not far off!!
Now you can join us when we do our next off road day....whenever that may be.

http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/forum/2015-off-road-day_topic6530_page4.html

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
wow looks like you had a great day sorcerer ... another one should be organised and we could all meet up would be great ;)

21 - 40 of 57 Posts