Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Booked the use of a house for the week in September in Pitlochory for a Holiday and also go to the 'Dunkeld' off road centre :)

Anybody done the full day at off road centre there ?.

If so how far do you go into the hills, is it a more Smoother ride than in the morning when you go on the main off road course near the centre ?.

Why I am asking, my wife does Not want to do any off road driving so our daughter is coming along and she will do it with me in an new Evoque in the morning.

My wife might be happy to stop in the centre and read a book for 2.5hrs in the morning while we are out, but she would not want to be there all day.

I am trying to find out if it would be comfortable in the back of say if we went out in a Disc-sport in the afternoon would it still be a rough ride for her.

She does not want to do a 'Spa-day' in one of the local hotels.

·
Registered
9,067 Posts
Drop her in Glasgow and she can come shopping and have lunch with me?.... better still Edinburgh Harvey mics right next door to Louis Vittoun

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,280 Posts
I've done a half day at Dunkeld twice and found it long enough. I did it in the Disco 4 and the Defender. I preferred the Disco and it did everything the Defender could but with more comfort. You're not away up the hills, only in they're own grounds which are a few miles from the centre. Good fun. Enjoy.

·
Registered
8,105 Posts
I thought all of Scotland was off road ?

Reactions: Maffy and XZ4

·
Registered
9,067 Posts
Just the east coast .... savages over that way

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ Donna

I did not know you live in Glasgow.

We came up for two nights earlier this month to see 'Mrs Browns Boys' recording at the BBC in Glasgow, It was very disappointing as we thought we had got there early only to find the studio was full and we had to sit in another room with a large screen to watch it, also it was 'The Cathy Brown Show' recording, 90% of the content would not get shown on TV, not what we went 500 mile round trip for and spent a fortune on first class trains and a hotel !, thanks BBC.

We stopped at the 'Grand Central Hotel'

Had a very nice suite, but had a nasty shock at 7am by a loud rumbling noise which turned out to be the workman's scaffolding lift outside our window overlooking Hope Street.

With other problems like there was not central heating in the rooms / hotel do to the revamp of the hotel, only some electric heaters provided.

After complaining I got 50% off the price of our stay :)

@ XZ4 so do you think this photo is not like the off road you did there ?.

·
Super Moderator
12,280 Posts
I didn't get to do what is shown in the First photo. Maybe it's included in the full day though. I would give them a call and ask.

·
Registered
9,067 Posts
Lol my eldest boy and fiancé went to that too .... small world... were on outskirts of Glasgow ten minutes in car to city centre... and a holiday home on Arran too escape too when the virus comes bad lol... they’ve been doing up the grand central hotel for what seems like years now.... when we go into city usually the shops and lots of nice restaurants around merchant city ...I still have tickets for experience day never used them so if anyone wants them if there transferable after two year there welcome ... 4x4 off-roading can be done on arran when taking cooper out up one of the glens or too forestry track car parks lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Two more weeks then it will be time to head up to Scotland to do my off roading at Dunkeld :) unless we go in to another lock down :(

We have decided it is safer to go up in our Evoque than on the 'sleeper' train and flying back, it will give the Evoque a good run.

At Dunkeld they have had to change things a lot for our safety, the coarse it now done in a 'Convoy' and a lead instructor in his car and everybody else in there supplied cars and there is going to be 'On the ground' instructors to help anybody who needs talking through the task, No 'walkie-talkies' used.

·
Super Moderator
12,280 Posts
Enjoy !!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts