Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I paid my deposit to my local dealer in October 2010 for a 3-door Evoque.

Having been told that I was 5th on the order list I was epecting delivery this September.

However my dealer says that Land Rover are not accepting orders for the 3-door/coupe.

Apparantly this is due to a "component problem" - anyone heard of this?

My dealer tells me that I can only proceed if I change my order to the 5-door...

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
59 Posts
My dealer rang me today saying I had ordered a 5 door, when that clearly was not the case. He is getting back to me as he thinks there may be a problem, so there may be something in this. Will keep you posted!<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
59 Posts
My order placed on 11th June 2010 for a Si4 Dynamic LUX Coupe, will not be in the First Build program despite being the dealers first Evoque order (see above). The first reason was given as Pursuit interior is not available at the moment. When I said I will change Interior the reason my car could not be built was given as LUX Pack could not be supplied at the moment. The have not admitted that the Coupe build will be put back and cannot confirm a date for the build, but I am convinced it is not a Pursuit Interior problem or a LUX Pack problem but that they have more 5 door orders than Coupe orders so fcuk the Coupe customers.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">
Anyone getting a September build 5 Door with LUX Pack?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with you Morgan. LR are treating us like sh*te. I was meant to be 5th on the list but my dealer has taken order from people further down because they all seem to want 5-doors. The salesman came up with all sorts of excuses and even feigned ignorance. I was so disgusted and frustrated that I've cancelled my order and will get another car. TBH I don't think I'll ever be able to trust Land Rover again

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think we're all being mucked around here! I was told I could have a Coupe but not a 5 door (which suited me) but told manual gearbox wouldn't be available until November and Pure wouldn't be available until Jan 2012. As it happens I wanted to red so I'll probably be patient and get the colour and spec I want - next year. I'm certainly not paying 41K to have the spec they choose for me just to be first on the block. Frustrating though ain't it...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Wow...some interesting comments....I don't get it......I have had not one issue with any set backs.....issue's....delays....component issue's ( apart from the paint issue )......as far as i am concerned situtation normal for launch and delivery dates.

I can only say it's about managing customer expectations correctly

·
Registered
74 Posts
Couldn't agree more Mortz. My dealer and I had a few 'teething troubles' when I realised he was holding back my order to take account of the 12 or so people above me who hadn't actually spec'd their car yet!! Anyway, we sorted that (good old fashioned chat and a bit of negotiation) and my order for a 3dr is confirmed with build date 9/9.

Perhaps I have just been very lucky, and I suspect that there are people were above me on the list who may now be dissapointed, however, my view is if they hadn't spec'd their car there should be no 'hanging around' for them to make up their mind when the rest of us have already done it!!

Has everyone who ordered been talking frankly with their dealership? Sometimes it ends up being the shove required - let's face it, if you are the person constantly talking to them, they might just go some way to helping you out!

·
Registered
59 Posts
My order was recorded 07/06/10 & now have a build date of 30/09 a Factory Complete Date of 25/10 and Delivery Date of 30/10. This was a Coupe and No 1 on the list, but only managed the second batch build slot. I understand the 5 doors were prioritised. Note Delivery is about one month from build date.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The situation appears to have changed now, it was also confirmed to me recently that my Dynamic Coupe can be built on 30th September, on the second build, but the first build batch was all 5 door prestige diesels, I believe. As a matter of interest, what colour & spec have you gone for?<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
1 Posts
If other companies have got more (orders) than their allocated lots
(for September on) then this would push back delivery times for them.
The cars are currently sitting in Land Rover holding pool until our
order bank opens.

·
Registered
32 Posts
rustykdr said:
The cars are currently sitting in Land Rover holding pool until our
order bank opens.
What does that mean exactly? surely there are not actual cars in some pool but car orders? Also how will you know when your order bank opens? Are you notified and is it restricted to certain orders only?
Sorry to sound thick but I don't fully comprehend the jargon.
Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts