Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone at the forum, this is my first message on the site. My wife and I have been Discovery owners for the last 3 years, first with a D3 XS and recently a D4 XS. I did not think we would like the Evoque going from a D4, however we had a drive at the Nottingham Live event and fell in love with it and straight after contacted our local dealer in Somerset to see how soon we could get one. We wanted a Dynamic SD4 with a Lux pack and a few other optional extra's and were excited to learn that the dealer had one left of the original allocation and it was a Mid November build slot. We decided to commit to it and gave a deposit and agreed to speak after our holiday about the part exchange and look to do the advanced payment plan. We did this with our D4 and the deferred plan was 0%, which was a great deal, however we knew the rate would not be 0%. For a RRS, the rate was 5.9%, however I was shocked to be told that the APR to do this plan on an Evoque is 10.2%!It makes us feel that Land Rover are taking advantage as they will not discount the car, which I can understand, but to give such a high interest rate is verydisappointing, especially as this will be our 3rd vehicle from the same dealership in 3 years.
Has anyone else experienced this and if so, have you been able to get the dealer to offer a better APR?
Also our dealer suggested the Trackstar would be a good idea as such a new and sort after car will be very nickable, therefore we will go for it, been quoted £499 + subscription, however I hoped the dealer may give a discount as a good customer, but again - no movement.

Many thanks

Julian

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
A few people have used prestigecarfinance.com and in fact I've had a chat with them myself and they are offering one of the cheapest rates around at the moment so might be worth a try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been told that Charles & Dean, Prestige car finance are worth an enquiry. A friend of mine went to them for a quote on a Range Rover Sport, and received 6%apr on a PCP.

Im not sure on a quote for an Evoque, but its worth an enquiry..

Their website is: www.carfinance-charlesanddean.co.uk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well when i was in the dealers a few weeks ago they were offering 6.9% on the freelasnder but the evoque was 9.9% i could not get them to budge on the figure either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its could be worth filling on one of their request forms and see what they come back with?

I just thought I would mention them on here, as I have heard they are highly recommended and offer much lower rates when compared to dealership finance.

·
Premium Member
10,626 Posts
While not wishing to go into specifics, we weren't getting very far trying to bargain with LR.

Gave Prestige a call, and a deal was done with them.

All done over the phone and e-mail, they made it so easy for us, 6.2% apr. All sorted in a couple of days.

Well worth giving Chris Marriot or Chris Herriot a call. 084500701324.

I have no affiliation with them other than that I am one very satisfied customer of theirs.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I know I'm sort of well buggered with my 2.5k insurance here in Belgium. On the upside, my dealer offered me 3.9% finance.

·
Registered
128 Posts
3.9 is great rate , is that just in Belgium ? Last time I enquired it was 9.4

·
Registered
5 Posts
Similar story to yours My Evoque is due mid June Requested finance quote of £10k over 3 years Response from my dealer was 10.9%APR. Not surprisingly I declined and will get my Money from the High Street. This reflects badly on Land Rover who will be seen as milking their customers and taking the edge off the buying experience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts