Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2020 D150, white, no extras!
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, collected our Evoque and drove 370 miles home on Tuesday.
Only when I got home did I notice some horrible fingerprint marks on the passenger side A pillar trim.
I tried some upholstery shampoo, but now have an even more horrible ‘water mark’ going down the trim. :(
Bottom line, I’m sure the trim piece won’t be that expensive or difficult to replace, but I need the part number.
Anyone got a parts microfiche/workshop manual that gives part numbers?
Has anyone pulled the A pillar trim off for feeding a camera (or similar), does it literally just clip on/off?

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
Microfiche? Wow is that still a thing?

I’m sure many are googling your question already, so only a matter of time until you have a result.

From my many cars worth of own experience these trims just pull off as they are designed for quick installation via 4-6 spring clips.

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
Go into ebay and search 2020 Range Rover Evoque L551 A-Pillar trim, it throws up a few results which may help show a part number on the pics. The pics will also show the mounting clip locations to help you when pulling it off safely.

·
Banned
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the eBay search, but searching L551 only threw up results for the older model (L538 I think)

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
I’d searched ‘L551 A Pillar Trim‘ and got 5 results from the USA....check your international seller filter

·
Banned
1,272 Posts

·
Banned
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I noticed the USA one, but using the part number they’ve listed only takes you back to their advert.
Doesn’t give any other results.

·
Banned
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like the part number might start with LR, not the K8 numbers on those stickers.

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
I noticed the USA one, but using the part number they’ve listed only takes you back to their advert.
Doesn’t give any other results.
As my Evoque is not arriving until year end, I can’t go and rip my panel off for you (as I would if I could), so can anyone else on here help find a solution to this challenge?

Reactions: ABZevoque

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
It doesn’t appear by the photos to be held on by much, so might be worth the risk in trying to wiggle it off.

·
Banned
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Only reference I can find to it and it says “cannot be ordered online”

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
I’m also assuming there will be an airbag close to this area, so something to consider. It’s very unlikely you’ll be able to get this online, call your local dealer to get a price and lead time.

Reactions: ABZevoque

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,819 Posts

·
Banned
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If anyone with an L551 can tell me if they’ve removed the A-pillar trim (dashcam wiring being an obvious reason) I can maybe remove it and see if I can even out the shampoo stain.
Be a lot easier outside the car, it’s a nightmare in-situ.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
2,945 Posts
It might be worth asking a detailer for a quote to remove the water strain?
Some can work wonders.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,563 Posts
I would take a guess that its similar if not exactly like this

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well I’ve just been through this and finally solved it, there is a clue in the rear picture of the A pillar trim posted earlier, 1st no force or plying is needed whatsoever. Once the Airbag plastic cover is removed all that is required is a small flat blade inserting to the top of the slot left by the removal of the plastic cover and finding the spring clip, push downwards towards the bottom of the A pillar whilst pulling gently on the top of trim and the whole thing rotates away from the post and can be lifted out, I’m fitting a dash cam but want the LTE module in the screen area but out of site. I’ve power, rear cam and LTE cables to route so removal is the best way for me. If I get chance between showers I’ll post a vid.

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
772 Posts
I'm sure my A-pillar trim on the passenger side is resonating when driving over certain surfaces. Its driving me mad.

I've tried to push the whole thing in at the dashboard end, but it still moves a little and resonates.

It does seem (as I looked this morning and as mentioned by Grelly), that once you remove the small 'Airbag' cover, on the L551 there isn't a screw behind. I'll try a small screwdriver to see if a clip releases it.

I have found that some of the trim in the car hasn't been fully clipped in during production, and redoing that, sometimes sorts the issues. Otherwise its a booked appointment to sort.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts