Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wondered if anyone else has had an issue with the above and probable cause before I start prodding too much.... I've a bad feeling that it's the dynamic front strut but I'm hoping that it could be a cheaper fix..... Any feedback would be ace on what to check for its a 2014my with 70k.
Cheers

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
Hi all, just wondered if anyone else has had an issue with the above and probable cause before I start prodding too much.... I've a bad feeling that it's the dynamic front strut but I'm hoping that it could be a cheaper fix..... Any feedback would be ace on what to check for its a 2014my with 70k.
Cheers
Sorry can’t help sure someone will be along with a few ideas .... I had a screw in my tyre on my Mercedes and couldn’t figure out where noise was coming from as tyre didn’t go flat.... other half’s a joiner so I know where screw came from ... cleaning van out on drive😡😡

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
N/S knocking I would hazard a guess and say ball joint (bottom), or anti roll bar bush, perhaps not a track rod but check anyway, can you feel the knocking through the floor or steering wheel or both or can you just hear it?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Most knocks on front suspensions turn out to be anti-roll bar links.

·
Super Moderator
2,246 Posts
I've just replaced n/s rear anti roll bar link, cheap easy fix, thought the knocking was from the front.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tha ks for the input all, yeah you can feel it once the car has been driven for a while, you can feel it through the steering wheel probably more so than feeling it from the chassis which I suppose does indicate something on the steering. I had the wheel off yesterday but I couldn't feel anything loose. Just hope it's not the dreaded expensive magna struts

Cheers

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
When the dynamic struts fail they just lock up I believe and its like driving on solid shocks, a poster on the forums had this problem some time back, said it bounced all over the shop and was dangerous to drive, they had clearly failed but not sure of symptoms on 'failing' struts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks chap, since I've jacked it up and dropped it back down there has been no knocking noise at all...... Who knows but thank you for the input everyone 👍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts