Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
MY2016 Range Rover Evoque HSE TD4 Dynamic Auto 9 Speed white with the Full black pack and HUD
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can program a second hand keyfob to Evoque or is it a main dealer job

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was told it could only be programmed once but others might have a different story!

·
Registered
MY2016 Range Rover Evoque HSE TD4 Dynamic Auto 9 Speed white with the Full black pack and HUD
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was told it could only be programmed once but others might have a different story!
I have seen loads on web for sale but unsure as read about a module in the car but unsure, Thanks anyway

·
Registered
L551 MY2020 D180 HSE
398 Posts
My understanding is that both the old and new key fobs have to be with the car for the dealer to do the necessary programming and it’s to make the the car module accept signals from the fobs.

·
Premium Member
P300 HST
517 Posts
yes .. correct, dealer job was my understanding as the main key module has to be set up to accept the new smart key

·
Registered
2017 Evoque HSE Dynamic Carpathian Grey 2.0 diesel
1,143 Posts
I had a new key module fitted with new keys and they reprogrammed my old keys all done under warranty by main dealer.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think the original question was is it possible to program a secondhand key fob and was told the answer was no however if the answer is yes then I have a couple of spares from my disco4 that might do!

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
4,064 Posts
It looks like you can reprogram a key if you have the right OBD tool.
This video from PowerfulUK shows the process on a Freelander (they have a few 'key' videos), they also mention "blank keys only".

Reactions: Kaspa

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the original question was is it possible to program a secondhand key fob and was told the answer was no however if the answer is yes then I have a couple of spares from my disco4 that might do!
The problem is I don’t understand if they can be programmed, maybe a car key program company could help me,
How have you got spare fobs if you don’t mind me asking 👍

·
Registered
126 Posts
The disco4 I purchased came with four fobs apparently a husband and wife took it in turns to drive it and they both wanted two fobs each when I sold it to a dealer I only let it go with two.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The disco4 I purchased came with four fobs apparently a husband and wife took it in turns to drive it and they both wanted two fobs each when I sold it to a dealer I only let it go with two.
Cool, if I can find out local if I can get it coded, How much would you be looking for ???
Thanks 👍

·
Registered
126 Posts
£15 plus postage each.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts