Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
MY23 P300e Autobiography. Santorini black, black wheels, sliding pano roof, red leather.
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been informed by my dealership that:

The factory have supplied your car with only 1 key fob, once the other key fob becomes available from the factory they will contact you directly.

I recall reading over the past months that some other new owners had the same problem. Just wondering what your understanding of the current situation is and whether any of you were subsequently ‘contacted by the factory’ to inform you of the availability of your missing key fob.

Can’t help but think that this is the start of the bumpy ride I am about to embark on with JLR. Ohhhhh, the joys!

Any info appreciated.

·
Administrator
3,389 Posts
Sounds like the supply of key fobs is running short, prob China Covid or Chip shortages, Guess JLR chose to let you have your car, rather than hold it back just for the spare key...

·
Registered
MY23 P300e Autobiography. Santorini black, black wheels, sliding pano roof, red leather.
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke with JLR Aftersales Team at HO just now who were very helpful. Stated that a large number of customer vehicle key fobs are in back order just now and they are working on a 28 day lead time for them. They need to clear a backlog first though which in unsurprising really. Apparently the dealership should manage the request/sending of customer second fob. Ah well. Im still interested to hear of your experience of getting (or not) your second key fob though. How long did it take? How simple a process was it etc etc.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
4,064 Posts
@Don Simondo Interesting to know how things went...

FYI There's some chat about this starting here:

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
this is just a blip and after this will be plain sailing ... saying that I got two in Dec but that's besides the point I think from what I've heard that you don't actually have to wait the full month and it used to be that the keys corresponded to who was driving the car and would adjust the seats etc now that it doesn't do that it's not the same ... just enjoy the car when you get it even if dare I say it it's not red :p

• Haha
Reactions: Don Simondo

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this is just a blip and after this will be plain sailing ... saying that I got two in Dec but that's besides the point I think from what I've heard that you don't actually have to wait the full month and it used to be that the keys corresponded to who was driving the car and would adjust the seats etc now that it doesn't do that it's not the same ... just enjoy the car when you get it even if dare I say it it's not red :p
You just couldn’t resist, could you!?!? 😂😂😂

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
Reactions: Don Simondo

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: Called LR Customer Relations this morning about the lack of second key (8 weeks now). They said I need to deal directly with my dealership. Dealership deny this and ping me back to LR. I empathise with the chip shortage but I wish LR would just issue frustrated customers with realistic timelines……..however long they might be.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It should not be you having to liaise with LR, the dealer needs to take full responsibility for the issue, I would ask for the service manager to contact them in your presence, if they won’t fire off an email to the CEO of JLR telling them exactly what you think!

PM me if you need the CEO’s email address

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It should not be you having to liaise with LR, the dealer needs to take full responsibility for the issue, I would ask for the service manager to contact them in your presence, if they won’t fire off an email to the CEO of JLR telling them exactly what you think!

PM me if you need the CEO’s email address
Thanks.
Does it HAVE to be the dealership that I purchased the car from (it’s 400+ miles away) or can I do it via my local dealership (4- miles away)?

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
go through twitter they hate that ... I would say it could be any dealer but I bet it has to be the one that you got it from as it will be from their budget probably ...
Ring your local one and see worth a try

Reactions: Doink

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update: Called LR Customer Relations this morning about the lack of second key (8 weeks now). They said I need to deal directly with my dealership. Dealership deny this and ping me back to LR. I empathise with the chip shortage but I wish LR would just issue frustrated customers with realistic timelines……..however long they might be.
Just be very careful.. we got called to take our evoque ( brand new bought Oct 2021 ) to our local dealer as the 2nd key had arrived and needed programming. Well, they managed to corrupt the electronic computer module ( don’t ask me how🙄) and now our car is languishing in their garage counting 1 month..how we wish the key had not arrived!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just be very careful.. we got called to take our evoque ( brand new bought Oct 2021 ) to our local dealer as the 2nd key had arrived and needed programming. Well, they managed to corrupt the electronic computer module ( don’t ask me how🙄) and now our car is languishing in their garage counting 1 month..how we wish the key had not arrived!
How long from purchase to them notifying you of the 2nd key’s arrival??

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jeeeeeez! That’s shocking. Is that the ‘norm’ for Key #2 to arrive for new owners just now???

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
Jeeeeeez! That’s shocking. Is that the ‘norm’ for Key #2 to arrive for new owners just now???
think they are "blaming lack of chips"

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
think they are "blaming lack of chips"
Yeah but 8 months is pretty shoddy (for the 2nd key to become available for the OP) eh?! Is what it is but I hate the thought of losing my only key fob and being left up S**t Creek without the proverbial paddle 🫤

·
Premium Member
P300 HST
517 Posts
this is correct .. only one key fob with ours (car picked up last Sat) its also on Topix
N687 - SMART KEY SHORTAGE (PHASE 2)

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
must admit I got two keys last Dec ... and yes 8 months is a bit of a long wait but that's their excuse :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts