Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife’s keybob no longer works on our 2014 Evoque, mine works no problem. I have changed the battery within the fob but to no avail. Does it need reprogramming? Does anyone have an idea I dread what RR will charge for this.

·
Super Moderator
2,358 Posts
Did you use a decent battery? Other than that I would take it apart and see if any loose connections, and check the buttons work, although that may mean cutting away the plastic welds. You can get a new case from China from ebay for a few quid if you have to do this, otherwise yes it means coding in a new key.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My wife’s keybob no longer works on our 2014 Evoque, mine works no problem. I have changed the battery within the fob but to no avail. Does it need reprogramming? Does anyone have an idea I dread what RR will charge for this.
I definitely echo what PhilSkill says... I have bought a card of inexpensive batteries in the past for a couple of pounds... whilst these are OK for light use applications they are not up to job when it comes to car keys. I replaced them a few times and the keys have not worked with these. Buy a main branded one... Duracell or the like... you'll probably find it works with no problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts