41 - 60 of 342 Posts

·
Premium Member
P300 HST
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
what I was trying to say in the very long winded post above ... :rolleyes:
A P300 HST with options I would like comes in at £58000
A loaded autobiography (less the active drive line and the P300 engine) comes in at £54000 with a very luxurious interior

so torn between the 2 examples .. plus would you really notice another 50 bhp more ?? in real life

·
Registered
Previously owned 2015 TD4 Dynamic Lux in Corris New P300 HST in Santorini Black on order
28 Posts
I get where you are coming from I've ordered a P300HST purely because I'm coming from a Audi S3 and didn't want to sacrifice too much power. When I started looking I was going to opt for the P300 R Dynamic HSE but by the time I pushed the button on it this was no longer an option. I was really disappointed when I looked on the configurator that I couldn't upgrade the interior trim on the dashboard etc. I guess if I was in your position in the current climate, especially with the fun weekend car already on the drive I'd opt for whichever the dealer thinks he can lay his mitts on the quickest

·
Premium Member
P300 HST
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
OK small update .. amended our spec somewhat but still a P300 HST .. upgraded the interior to full leather Windsor etc
went for this ... we both like it very much
IS it March yet !!!! :rolleyes: .... also down in the dumps at the moment as my lovely cat Kaspa (Avatar pic) is seriously ill . wish us luck :cry:

Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle registration plate Tire Automotive side marker light
Vehicle Car Car seat cover Head restraint Plant

·
Registered
Previously owned 2015 TD4 Dynamic Lux in Corris New P300 HST in Santorini Black on order
28 Posts
OK small update .. amended our spec somewhat but still a P300 HST .. upgraded the interior to full leather Windsor etc
went for this ... we both like it very much
IS it March yet !!!! :rolleyes: .... also down in the dumps at the moment as my lovely cat Kaspa (Avatar pic) is seriously ill . wish us luck :cry:

View attachment 10174 View attachment 10175
Looks great. My wallet couldn’t stretch to the Windsor leather, does that give you the leather dash as well? Good luck with the cat it’s really not nice when our pets get ill they’re part of the family after all 😢

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Very nice, I love the quilted one too

·
Premium Member
P300 HST
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Not sure if I should bail out on this one .. as some Evoques have been delivered to their customers with parts missing or downgraded .. like the interactive display, I don't mind this as long as I have been pre warned.

Started to think I should have kept what I had .... SWMBO is not impressed with me as she said keep what we have ... Doh

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
4,064 Posts
Yes, keeping the P250 would have been my choice, or at least until the P300 arrived...
But too late now, so best not to dwell on it!

Reactions: Kaspa

·
Registered
545 Posts
Not sure if I should bail out on this one .. as some Evoques have been delivered to their customers with parts missing or downgraded .. like the interactive display, I don't mind this as long as I have been pre warned.

Started to think I should have kept what I had .... SWMBO is not impressed with me as she said keep what we have ... Doh
Much in the same boat as you, sold ours for the HST which was only a month or two waiting list. Now being told March as well with missing options. But it is what it is. Trouble you have now is what else would/could you go for that's not going to put you in a similar position.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I suppose when you go on to sell them you could say it's a rare COVID edition with rare analog dials?

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
if they haven't pre warned you I would have thought you should be fine... if I hadn't been pre warned and turned up to pick up a car with missing parts I think I would reject but that's easy for me to say as I've still got mine till new one comes along ... maybe as you get closer to build ask for a copy of build and to put your mind at ease you could check all your options that way .. good luck 🤞

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Hey @Kaspa Hindsite is always 20/20 as they say. Don’t go beating yourself up about something you couldn’t have had any knowledge of.
I have noticed that SWMBO’s in general have extremely keen hindsite, and often quote it at times like these 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: Kaspa and JamToo

·
Premium Member
P300 HST
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Hello Gang

As yet no warning received about any changes in spec .. so will check nearer the time to make sure, one thing is for sure is that when I receive my HST I will be in no rush to sell it again !!

·
Premium Member
P300 HST
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Hello

Dealer phoned me yesterday .. build slot confirmed for Feb 2022 with a delivery for March 2022 .... order has been accepted as per my spec (with no COVID dials)
all the best

·
Premium Member
P300 HST
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
OK .. small update
Looks like I will be cancelling my order .. the trim package that I ordered is no longer available for the HST ?(deep garnet full leather etc) I only found out when I went on the web site today and pinged over a email to the dealer ..
fingers crossed that the spec I have ordered will be delivered .. if not I will cancel, love the brand but cant be bothered with another JLR product (will keep our F Type Coupe though) and for the same money can get a Macan S .. might do this as plan B

will keep you all updated .. wish I kept what we had now, hind sight is a wonderful thing

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
OK .. small update
Looks like I will be cancelling my order .. the trim package that I ordered is no longer available for the HST ?(deep garnet full leather etc) I only found out when I went on the web site today and pinged over a email to the dealer ..
fingers crossed that the spec I have ordered will be delivered .. if not I will cancel, love the brand but cant be bothered with another JLR product (will keep our F Type Coupe though) and for the same money can get a Macan S .. might do this as plan B

will keep you all updated .. wish I kept what we had now, hind sight is a wonderful thing
oh no that's a shame didn't realise that they had changed the colour interior as well as other bits and bobs ... crossing everything for you 🤞

Reactions: Kaspa

·
Registered
MY20 Porsche Macan S - Volcano Grey
114 Posts
OK .. small update

Sorry to hear this news, Kaspa, but I can thoroughly recommend a Macan S if you go down this route 👍👍

·
Premium Member
P300 HST
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Hello all

Phoned the dealer today and my build slot is for Feb with the correct original spec that we ordered .. the change of spec and lack of options is for new orders .. mine will be a my22 build
so if that's the case all good

regards

41 - 60 of 342 Posts