11,216 Posts
Something else I did lol

Reactions: Kaspa

·
Premium Member
P300 HST
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
Hello all small update .. so after a few days ownership we have identified 3 defects

1. Door paint defect as already highlighted and discussed
  2. The front tow eye bolt cover retaining plastic trim has been damaged so does not seat correctly plus look at all that damage and scratching to the bottom recess
  3. Front driver seat 5 white dots in the perforation .. lack of leather die in the manufacturing process
so nothing big but enough to take some shine of our long wait and expensive purchase .. so back to the dealers

Big favour can some one on the newer model pop open their front tow eyebolt plastic cover and take a couple of pictures .. as I am sure ours is damaged by heavy handling in the delivery process or PDI .. who knows

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
15,141 Posts
Have you tried poking a cocktail stick in the holes in the leather. Mine used to look like thak if the leather treatment I used stuck in the holes.

·
Premium Member
P300 HST
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
Hello another thing we have a noticed (not a defect but a positive)
there is no external SIM card .. as when I checked the standard features it indicates a data plan with embedded SIM ??? but this was one of the options available to me when we configured the car but did not tick the box. Seeing ours is a MY23 model assuming this is now standard as the new Evoque brochures are not out yet when you go to the main RR site ? and when checked today sure enough we have a 4G signal with 02 🤷‍♂️
Standard features below .. so assuming at some point this would expire with a option to extend ??

Font Screenshot Number Document Parallel

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
We have an embedded sim in ours, for the pro services apparently, live traffic and WiFi hotspot

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
screen shot of our InControl services ....

View attachment 14526
yes that's the same as mine ... online data plan is only for a year although they have extended it for some that just come to the end of their of first year ... I just hope they continue to do that as long as Dec lol ... but have a feeling they will probably stop it soon .... I'll dive out for you and take a pic never actually looked at it I must admit so that'll be new to me as well lol

Edited to add that I can't actually pop mine open ... and if I force it I might break the clips and Mr A is not here .. sorry another day ...

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
390 Posts
Hello another thing we have a noticed (not a defect but a positive)
there is no external SIM card .. as when I checked the standard features it indicates a data plan with embedded SIM ??? but this was one of the options available to me when we configured the car but did not tick the box. Seeing ours is a MY23 model assuming this is now standard as the new Evoque brochures are not out yet when you go to the main RR site ? and when checked today sure enough we have a 4G signal with 02 🤷‍♂️
Standard features below .. so assuming at some point this would expire with a option to extend ??

View attachment 14525
The Online Pack with Data Plan has been included as standard with at least MY21 cars onward (S models and above). It was previously described as a One Year Data plan but when renewal date arrived the renewal date was extended and eventually the expiry date disappeared from InControl account records. I suspect the optional extra to which you refer was a 3 year data plan with WiFi Hotspot that allowed several devices to use the embedded sim in the car for streaming music/video etc.

@Angel beat me to it by a millisecond:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Kaspa and Angel

·
Premium Member
P300 HST
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
this is a bit of a pointless info post .. but some pics of the rear active driveline option rear diff .. as can be seen totally different from the current Haldex 5 version

Line Vehicle Auto part Machine Drawing
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Hood

·
Premium Member
P300 HST
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·
OK another topic for ctek charging on the new Evoque .. I have reviewed the online digital manual for a few times and have decided these are the correct connection points
more then happy to be told I am wrong ... :)

pics below

White Gesture Line Font Parallel

Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Motor vehicle Carbon

Hood Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

Hood Black Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
L551 MY2020 D180 HSE
398 Posts
That will do nicely if you are jump starting the car. If you are just charging or putting a maintenance charge to the battery you can connect directly to the positive and negative terminals of the battery as the official Land Rover accessory does. The instructions can be found here. LAND ROVER ACCESSORY FITTING INSTRUCTIONS
Go to the vehicle care tab.
The battery conditioner is just a rebadged ctek. Don’t use the battery regeneration mode. It takes the voltage above 15volts and the cars systems don’t like that.

·
Registered
Evoque P250 Autobiography
54 Posts
Picked up my car today…..two keys (dealer said he was surprised about that!) but no gesture tailgate (and I am not bothered about that in the least!). So far so good!!

·
Premium Member
P300 HST
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 ·
Hello Kron .. You can see the improvements in the suspension and ride quality etc .. I think some of the touch screen menu's are a little bit of a faff
The light switch is a silly design .. sometimes we improve things for the sake of it. Also strange the petrol filler cap does not lock (my F Type does?) .. what else .. err no CD player :ROFLMAO: .. plus on the whole still prefer the design of the generation 1 model if I am honest.
shame I could not spec what we wanted .. but in LR defence Ukraine and COVID have not helped with this

on start up nothing unusual that I have noticed .. ???

·
Premium Member
P300 HST
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
Hello .. yes ours does that, about 30 sec ish
our 68 plate p250 was the same .. and even my F type from cold will high rev unless I put in gear (different gearbox ZF8 speed)

I will time next time we start up .. but would say normal depending on temperature

261 - 280 of 342 Posts