Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Await New Evoque later this year. Avatar is Baja RE 4S Pertol Tuk Tuk 200cc 4 fwd and reverse gears
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I have been a Jaguar owner since 2015 (XE) and on my 3rd. I recently attended a dealership promotion to test drive any other model that I was interested in. I chose the E-Pace as it seemed my next option within my budget. Had a good afternoon at a well run event but unfortunately I was not convinced.

I decided to visit my local Land Rover dealership (Same company) to take a look at the Evoque. There was one in display in the showroom which lookvery good and after having a chat and a think about things over a couple of days I arranged a test drive.

Must admit I was surprisingly impressed, after which and further discussions plus a valuation of my XE, I managed a favourable deal within my budget.

Model on order : R Dynamic S P200 AWD MHEV. In Ostuni White Metalic.

Looking like October delivery.

So it‘s a watch this space and hope I will not be disappointed.

Photo shows the one in the showroom but does not show off the colour very well.

·
Registered
2021 P300e R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger grey, black pack, black alloys, sliding pano roof, red calipers, etc
250 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Yes the Evoque is a much better drive than the E-Pace, strange considering that they are basically the same car.
Good luck with an October delivery....my local dealer says they can't get any more new Evoques until 2022.

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
3,093 Posts
Welcome to the club, that looks a lovely colour - good choice

Reactions: Tuk Tuk Boy

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
3,093 Posts
Love to see the colour in the flesh, picking ours up on Tuesday so will take a look see if they have something in that colour, looks similar to yulong white but a bit more of a grey hint to it with a bit of pearl effect

Reactions: ScreamingDead

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
There's a few of us on here from the XE forum.
Look forward to easier access getting in and a nice higher driving position.
Make sure you keep the Tuk Tuk though.
😃

·
Registered
Await New Evoque later this year. Avatar is Baja RE 4S Pertol Tuk Tuk 200cc 4 fwd and reverse gears
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Make sure you keep the Tuk Tuk though.
😃
Sure will, 40mph Max. 200cc petrol 4 stroke. It is a blast doing bends roundabouts and corners (not necessarily at 40mph) Nerves of steel recommended!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nearly 3 months in since initial order and dealership have no updates. So a waiting game. I have 12 months to go with my XE PCP so not overtly concerned at the moment. I think it would be a similar situation if I had ordered a new E - Pace instead of the Evoque.

It is a little discouraging reading the many problems being experienced by owners of New Evoques but still holding my nerve as I see from posts on various forums that there is a high % relating to faults as opposed to good experiences.

I have driven XE’s for 6 yrs and have nothing but praise for the cars and experienced very few issues, which were minor, and readily resolved.

However as mentioned earlier I am up for a change as do not want a 4th XE and the E-Pace did not impress me.

Worst case scenario: Delivery of Evoque continues to be elusive and leaves me with little manoeuvring space ahead of my PCP deal expiration. If so I buy it out, keeping the XE, and just bide my time until car production stabilises.

We can but hope🤨

·
Registered
MY20.5 R-Dynamic HSE
3,093 Posts
Hold your nerve and wait and pretty sure you'll be impressed, must agree though with some of the issues people are having with the new evoque but it seems to be mostly the P300e. The problems with pivi pro however affects all >2021 cars but hopefully with the planned big update coming will finally fix it

·
Registered
R-Dynamic SE P300e Firenze Red/Pan Roof/Black Pack
286 Posts
ALL of the issues I've had with mine are Pivi Pro/ software issues which at last seem to be sorted. I think at lot of the P300e issues (not going into EV mode for example) are related to software anyway and the fact that it's a hybrid not a full EV and the ICE has to run at some point. (The EV battery has to be charged at least once a month as well otherwise it goes out of warranty apparently!!)
I'd gone off mine for a while but love it again now and I'm sure you will love yours too Tuk Tuk Boy .They are lovely cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts