Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Await New Evoque early 2022. Avatar is Baja RE 4S Pertol Tuk Tuk 200cc 4 fwd and reverse gears
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I have been a Jaguar owner since 2015 (XE) and on my 3rd. I recently attended a dealership promotion to test drive any other model that I was interested in. I chose the E-Pace as it seemed my next option within my budget. Had a good afternoon at a well run event but unfortunately I was not convinced.

I decided to visit my local Land Rover dealership (Same company) to take a look at the Evoque. There was one in display in the showroom which lookvery good and after having a chat and a think about things over a couple of days I arranged a test drive.

Must admit I was surprisingly impressed, after which and further discussions plus a valuation of my XE, I managed a favourable deal within my budget.

Model on order : R Dynamic S P200 AWD MHEV. In Ostuni White Metalic.

Looking like October delivery.

So it‘s a watch this space and hope I will not be disappointed.

Photo shows the one in the showroom but does not show off the colour very well.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Yes the Evoque is a much better drive than the E-Pace, strange considering that they are basically the same car.
Good luck with an October delivery....my local dealer says they can't get any more new Evoques until 2022.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Welcome to the club, that looks a lovely colour - good choice

Reactions: Tuk Tuk Boy

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Love to see the colour in the flesh, picking ours up on Tuesday so will take a look see if they have something in that colour, looks similar to yulong white but a bit more of a grey hint to it with a bit of pearl effect

Reactions: ScreamingDead

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
There's a few of us on here from the XE forum.
Look forward to easier access getting in and a nice higher driving position.
Make sure you keep the Tuk Tuk though.
😃

·
Registered
Await New Evoque early 2022. Avatar is Baja RE 4S Pertol Tuk Tuk 200cc 4 fwd and reverse gears
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Make sure you keep the Tuk Tuk though.
😃
Sure will, 40mph Max. 200cc petrol 4 stroke. It is a blast doing bends roundabouts and corners (not necessarily at 40mph) Nerves of steel recommended!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nearly 3 months in since initial order and dealership have no updates. So a waiting game. I have 12 months to go with my XE PCP so not overtly concerned at the moment. I think it would be a similar situation if I had ordered a new E - Pace instead of the Evoque.

It is a little discouraging reading the many problems being experienced by owners of New Evoques but still holding my nerve as I see from posts on various forums that there is a high % relating to faults as opposed to good experiences.

I have driven XE’s for 6 yrs and have nothing but praise for the cars and experienced very few issues, which were minor, and readily resolved.

However as mentioned earlier I am up for a change as do not want a 4th XE and the E-Pace did not impress me.

Worst case scenario: Delivery of Evoque continues to be elusive and leaves me with little manoeuvring space ahead of my PCP deal expiration. If so I buy it out, keeping the XE, and just bide my time until car production stabilises.

We can but hope🤨

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Hold your nerve and wait and pretty sure you'll be impressed, must agree though with some of the issues people are having with the new evoque but it seems to be mostly the P300e. The problems with pivi pro however affects all >2021 cars but hopefully with the planned big update coming will finally fix it

·
Registered
Jaguar I-Pace Black Edition/Eiger Grey
395 Posts
ALL of the issues I've had with mine are Pivi Pro/ software issues which at last seem to be sorted. I think at lot of the P300e issues (not going into EV mode for example) are related to software anyway and the fact that it's a hybrid not a full EV and the ICE has to run at some point. (The EV battery has to be charged at least once a month as well otherwise it goes out of warranty apparently!!)
I'd gone off mine for a while but love it again now and I'm sure you will love yours too Tuk Tuk Boy .They are lovely cars.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just out of curiosity I contacted LandRover Customer Services today to see what their take was on new Build delivery times. They indicated that 12 months from order date is what is being advised.

This being the case it would mean June 2022 for me, so am content to wait and it'll be a nice Birthday present.👍🤣

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just out of curiosity I contacted LandRover Customer Services today to see what their take was on new Build delivery times. They indicated that 12 months from order date is what is being advised.

This being the case it would mean June 2022 for me, so am content to wait and it'll be a nice Birthday present.👍🤣
Coincidence: I received a letter this morning from the dealership where I placed my order: New car delivery days, Our personal solution to s global issue.

Goes through the preamble of being a valued customer, What the issues are re delay in production, how they can help and options to consider.

1. Sit tight and wait
2. Switch to nearly new model if prefer not to wait.
3. Refinance your current car if it is nearing the end of your contract.
4.Bridge the Gap by extending your current Finance agreement (Most Common option chosen).
5. Re spec your order with a view to investigating the possibility of a new car sooner.
6. Order Cancellation.

Make contact to discuss any of the above.

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
Coincidence: I received a letter this morning from the dealership where I placed my order: New car delivery days, Our personal solution to s global issue.

Goes through the preamble of being a valued customer, What the issues are re delay in production, how they can help and options to consider.

1. Sit tight and wait
2. Switch to nearly new model if prefer not to wait.
3. Refinance your current car if it is nearing the end of your contract.
4.Bridge the Gap by extending your current Finance agreement (Most Common option chosen).
5. Re spec your order with a view to investigating the possibility of a new car sooner.
6. Order Cancellation.

Make contact to discuss any of the above.
ouch I guess you have some decisions to make ... I don't see though that picking another car now will get it you any sooner unless your waiting on cameras or HUD or something like that ...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have just been in contact with dealership today and there is still no news of a build date (8 months down the line.) Dealership saying they get periodic updates twice a month.

I have had a valuation on my XE 2.0i R Dynamic S at £27,500 After paying off my PCP prior to it completion early I would be left with £9,000 to play with.

Query: should I hold on or capitalise on the cash in hand, knowing that I would only have to use half of it as a deposit on a PCP for another brand.

Quandry.

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
I have just been in contact with dealership today and there is still no news of a build date (8 months down the line.) Dealership saying they get periodic updates twice a month.

I have had a valuation on my XE 2.0i R Dynamic S at £27,500 After paying off my PCP prior to it completion early I would be left with £9,000 to play with.

Query: should I hold on or capitalise on the cash in hand, knowing that I would only have to use half of it as a deposit on a PCP for another brand.

Quandry.
I had a bonus in mine that's why I went for a new one but I hung onto mine till new one came into dealer and they guaranteed me my quote and used the extra as a deposit for a new one, I still had 2 years to go but crazy prices as 2nd cars are so highly sought after,
If you go for another brand what are the waiting times are you going 2nd hand and getting it straight away?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had a bonus in mine that's why I went for a new one but I hung onto mine till new one came into dealer and they guaranteed me my quote and used the extra as a deposit for a new one, I still had 2 years to go but crazy prices as 2nd cars are so highly sought after,
If you go for another brand what are the waiting times are you going 2nd hand and getting it straight away?
New and indicated Mar > April delivery. Question is how long will the 2nd hand market remain buoyant?

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji
390 Posts

Quandry.
I assume that valuation is based upon today's used car prices; do you have any guarantees on what the numbers will be when the car is delivered? Currently, used car prices are inflated because demand exceeds supply but that could well change if and when delays in new car deliveries reduce. When I traded both my XE and F-Pace the estimate I was given based upon the market at the time was £500 depreciation per month but in current trading conditions who knows?

How much do you want an Evoque (It is a lovely car to drive), what else can you get, is their a financial risk over bottom line values when the car is actually delivered? The decision is yours.

·
Premium Member
P300E MY22 Autobiography
8,046 Posts
New and indicated Mar > April delivery. Question is how long will the 2nd hand market remain buoyant?
when they quoted me for mine it was high and I had that price for mine locked in , didn't matter when mine arrived as it wasn't due till this June, I guess they just wanted to keep me as a customer and my business which I was glad about as I still wanted my car to run around in.
I used to keep an eye on the market with webuyanycar and watch it weekly to see if it was going up or down I think at time of sale there only a few pounds in it so I still got a bargain going through the dealer.

Reactions: Kaspa and Doink

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry to say no more information to date and no light at the end of lthe tunnel. So reluctantly I have cancelled my order and having a deposit refund. I have since been able to go for a new BMW coupe capitalising on the increased equity on my X/E part exchange. Shame but the sums made the decision. Hope all goes well for you all and it was good being a member of the forum although a short stay

👍🛺

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Oh no not a BMW, did the dealer confirm it was OK to drive it on motorways now or are they still catching fire, police have been told no imminent fix and no pursuits unless its life or death

1 - 20 of 23 Posts