Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spoken with my dealer this morning (they called me) to confirm my company car order was with them and to confirm my specification. Guy Salmon of Coventry, by the way and not Hunters of Guildford as I was expecting.

My update was that they are still estimating June for delivery of my Pure TD4. He also confirmed what I had heard before, that they they only have production capacity for 1500 vehicles per month at present. So I guess we can do the math and figure out the back order level right now...

Still - mine is on track so I can continue to read the posts here and look at the photos as they arrive whilst I wait.

·
10,626 Posts
1500 Evoques per month.

They were producing 400-500 a day before all the hiccups, now the factory is running 24/7, 3 shifts a day.

I suspect delivery will be sooner than that, but it is understandable that any dealer will be conservative on delivery dates.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just looked back over my post and realised that the decimals are wrong. I meant to say 15 thousand cars a month, which sounds about right. The production capacity of Halewood is about 250,000 cars per year and some of that also has to service Freelander 2.

So 250,000 equates to around 20 odd thousand per month in total. At Maybe 75% Evoque, 25% FL2? That would make around 520 Evos per month.

I have also had two dealers now say June delivery is earliest they can forecast at the moment, so I don't think this will be far off the mark. So unless they stop building FL2s or build a new facility, they will be pushed to increase output of Evos much further.

I would like to think otherwise of course, but, we will see what happens.
Edited by: MrFuji

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just had a delivery date from my dealer, so thought I would post it here for comparison with other quoted lead times.

Ordered 8th Nov, planned delivery date 15th June.
Lead time 7 months.

Time for lots of patience.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You need heaps of patience. 10 months so far. I am flagging a bit now........... but got a brand new courtesy car today......... kinda softened the blow........ Just got to wait..... done all the moaning im going to do. So lets look forward to it.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, I heard today from Guy Salmon Coventry that my 5 door evoque ordered in late November last year with expected delivery date of 1st week June 12 will now be with them 27th July & me sometime in August !! Is this the norm or are they taking the ****

·
Registered
154 Posts
sounds to me like the dealership is shuffling orders to suit their priorities and not necessarily being fair to all. when they tried to defer my order by two months told them i was going to bmw and cancelling. ten minutes later and guess what my order had been checked on and was now going to be early. call me an old cynic but skulduggery would appear to be prevalent dependent on honesty of dealership

·
Registered
133 Posts
alfie3 that seems like a ridiculous amount of time you have got to wait, have they given a reason why it is such a long wait?

·
Registered
8 Posts
alfie3 said:
Hi all, I heard today from Guy Salmon Coventry that my 5 door evoque ordered in late November last year with expected delivery date of 1st week June 12 will now be with them 27th July & me sometime in August !! Is this the norm or are they taking the ****
Might be better to wait 'til 1st Sept and get the new reg plate? My car is due Sep/Oct, ordered 3 weeks ago. Told the dealer even if it were to arrive early I want the car on a 62-plate for resale value.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the reply , spoke to Stratstone dealer today who offered me an immediate delivery ,unfortunately much higher spec & therefore more expensive, they also told me that their orders were comming through early by 3 to 6 weeks !!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi just received my 2.2 auto Baltic blue pure evoque yesterday and it is amazing to drive very impressed with colour and dealer ship was great ( macraeanddick ) Inverness ,one happy owner now it's here ,ordered in jan 12

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Congrats! You'll have to let us know your first impressions and also post some photos up.

Happy motoring!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow you got yours pretty quick! As EDU says, let's see some pics and your low down.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Alfie3 - is your vehicle a company car fleet order by any chance? The reason for asking is that mine is too and I designated GS as my supplying dealer. So back in the 1st week of December 2011 the fleet sales side of GS Coventry had 70 Evoques on the order book and were quoting August 2012. I had my demo ride via GS in Stratford upon Avon and manged to get my order passed across to Stratford' who had a much shorter lead-time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Straydox - mine was a GS company car order via GS Coventry. 9 months wait in total! Our car scheme is run by Lombard/Hitachi. I guess mine was one of the 70 as order originally put in Sept 2011. Initial delivery date March 1st then delayed to May 10th. Gave me time to sell my old car though ,

·
Registered
13 Posts
No my pure is not a fleet car it's just for me ,very nice to drive no problems so far but only done 160 miles so can't really tell.

Edited by: Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Straydox, yes it is a company order, have had good rant at GS & Landrover re the delay, out come nothing on delivery date but have had invite to evaluation day, so at least I get to drive the evoque on the off road course
rgds

·
Registered
154 Posts
i've ordered firenze but i reckon the blue looks fabulous . excellent choice. will hopefully have mine within next 10days

·
Registered
1 Posts
On holiday in Spain at the moment. Arrive back on Tuesday in England at 12 noon then straight to dealer to pick up my Pure Orkney Grey Evoque. Was driving down to Spain last November when an Evoque passed me. When I got back in February I went straight to dealer and ordered one. Delivery date was 5th May but went to Spain on the 4th so couldn't pick it up. Getting excited about getting the new motor now. Will post photo when I get it
Edited by: Terryfield777

1 - 20 of 22 Posts