Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic 2012
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there folks,

I have just been advised by a local mechanic that my turbo possibly requires replacing after showing the restricted performance error and experiencing a gradual loss of power.

After reading up on the restricted performance error causes on the forum I was and still am hoping it is just one of the following known causes that have been stated previously and that I have listed below.

• Low battery voltage
  • DPF Sensor issue
  • Engine control module requires reflashing
  • Split in turbo hose / Split in intercooler to throttle hose
  • EGR valve sticking
I do have a 6 month RAC warranty which I hope will cover the repair cost should it be the turbo.

The mechanic has had the car for a week today (providing very little updates in that time) only saying he has emailed someone else to see if they can repair it.

Just wondering if anyone that have had to have their turbo replaced could let me know how long roughly the repair takes and also are they likely to be covered under an RAC warranty?

Thanks in advance.

PS. I have attached the RAC report which was emailed to me after he tried to diagnose the fault.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I have never had one done, or had an RAC warranty, but I would have thought that a standard component such as a turbo should be covered under the warranty. Have a good read through all the exemptions to see if it mentions anything there.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Had one done one a bmw , under warranty with AA ... took about 3 days they had list of authorised repairers to get it towed to... hated the car anyway so wasn’t to bothered where it went ... with the warranty I have now I can take to wherever though including JLR.
Good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had one done one a bmw , under warranty with AA ... took about 3 days they had list of authorised repairers to get it towed to... hated the car anyway so wasn’t to bothered where it went ... with the warranty I have now I can take to wherever though including JLR.
Good luck
Thanks for sharing your experience Donna.

Mine has gone to an authorised RAC garage and the mechanic there hadn't even managed to figure out what the problem was/is after 3 days.

Still no update from him as yet a week later and don't want to phone again as he did say he would call me when he's got to the bottom of it, just seems like a long time to not figure it out/provide any update but maybe I'm just being impatient.

Will keep my fingers crossed that if it is the turbo it's covered with my RAC warranty and update here with any developments for the reference of others with the same issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never had one done, or had an RAC warranty, but I would have thought that a standard component such as a turbo should be covered under the warranty. Have a good read through all the exemptions to see if it mentions anything there.
Thanks for you're reply, I have left my warranty documentation in the glove box for the mechanic so can't check that at the moment but have had a look online and found that the standard RAC warranty (which I assume will be mine as it was one provided by the dealer I purchased the car from) does say it covers the turbo however under the exclusion parts it has the turbo there also and states "Turbo (Factory Fitted): All Failures due to carbonisation are not covered including the Variable Nozzle Turbine (VNT) or Wastegate Actuator or any other part of the Turbo. Foreign object damage is not covered on any turbo claim. " ..I'm not very technical so that bit has kind of gone of my head and I'm still none the wiser.

..Have emailed RAC for some clarification as I can't seem to find any phone number for the warranty team.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts