Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking here https://jlr-retrofits.co.uk/services so I emailed to see if it would be possible to get the Dynamic mode configured to my car, so vin number & model supplied & asked 1. Is it possible 2. What it would entail 3. What the result would be.
Their answer..

Hi,

So here are the answers to the questions you asked in the original email:

1) Yes, this is possible on your car
2) It would entail us correctly configuring your car for the new functionality
3) The result would be you having Dynamic Mode.

Hopefully that information helps.

Thought this might be of interest to other members.

I just need to know what I need to do now, where I can get it done & how to persuade swmbo to spend a totally unnecessary £150 on the car which she thought was ridiculously overpriced in the first place 🤔

·
Registered
280 Posts
I’ve got a similar problem 😂
Bought heated steering wheel, she has no idea how much it cost, then found out it needs a different wheel loom, new clock spring, new left switch pack and to top it all my car isn’t wired for heated wheel like all the Mk 1’s were so had to fit dash loom😤
now need to have it programmed with JLR retro fits, think it would have been cheaper to trade it in for one already fitted, but I supposed that’s half the fun.
Going to have Auto high beam done while I’m there too.

·
Registered
280 Posts
They are still here but as LR Retrofits wonder if JLR have kicked off at there name 🤔

Reactions: Jakecreates

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes indeed, I received an email from them today with their new website http://www.lr-retrofits.co.uk/
I also found out they are based in Essex & travel to you to do the work (sounds like surrounding counties only though ☹) they said @ 1 hour for the dynamic mode addition.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I understood they were down south but didn’t realise they are in Essex, looks like around four hours for me to get to them 😳
I just need to have my service then I’m going to book in, I’ll try find out more info about the dynamic mod.

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
729 Posts
Whereabouts in Essex are they situated?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I asked where they were & how long the dynamic mod would take, the reply was…

“We generally work by visiting customers at their garages and at their homes. We cover the area of Essex and surrounding counties. Where are you based?

The time needed with your car would be anything up to an hour.”

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
MY2016 Evoque Autobiography 2.0L DIESEL 5 DOOR / L538
327 Posts
Can someone give me a numpty's guide as to what adding dynamic mode would do ?
(Do all newer Evoques have electronically adjustable dampers that just need coding to work differently ?)

·
Registered
280 Posts
No configurable dampers are optional, I think dynamic coding on standard springs will alter accelerator sensitivity and gear changes, but then you can upgrade to configurable dynamics so you can fine tune them further.
That’s how I see it, but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wasn’t sure myself which is why I asked them what it would entail & what the result would be. The answer - “configuring your car for the new functionality & the result would be having dynamic mode“ doesn’t really explain a great deal 🤔

·
Registered
198 Posts
Apparently, 'it only changes the suspension and steering feel - a lot more responsive on country roads'.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts