Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
Booked in? Don't you just turn up?
With the amount of work rectifying faults that have to be done, booking can have to be weeks, if not months ahead!

·
Registered
334 Posts
With the amount of work rectifying faults that have to be done, booking can have to be weeks, if not months ahead!
I've always just turned up for AdBlue (which is what they told me when we bought it) which takes about as long to fill as it does to put petrol/diesel in, and I will be doing the same on Saturday as the message (<1500 miles) has appeared on the dashboard. Talking of which, the message doesn't appear for very long, it would be very easy to miss it for weeks! I can only hope it becomes more persistent the nearer it gets to zero.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've always just turned up for AdBlue (which is what they told me when we bought it) which takes about as long to fill as it does to put petrol/diesel in, and I will be doing the same on Saturday as the message (<1500 miles) has appeared on the dashboard. Talking of which, the message doesn't appear for very long, it would be very easy to miss it for weeks! I can only hope it becomes more persistent the nearer it gets to zero.

I was also told, just come in and we'll do it while you wait, but in reality when we had the AdBlue message come up, I rang my dealership and they told me I had to make an appointment nearly a week later.
I didn't watch them do it, and realised when I got home they had spilt quite a bit over the top of the engine, which had crystalised white and I had to clean off...

·
Registered
334 Posts
I was also told, just come in and we'll do it while you wait, but in reality when we had the AdBlue message come up, I rang my dealership and they told me I had to make an appointment nearly a week later.
I didn't watch them do it, and realised when I got home they had spilt quite a bit over the top of the engine, which had crystalised white and I had to clean off...
I expect they might try to fob you off if you ring up, which is why I won't be ringing and will just turn up as usual - if they didn't mean it, they shouldn't have promised it. I'll take the opportunity while they're doing it to look at the new Evoque. I've given a lot of money to them in the last 5 years and if they piss me off then I'll just walk to the Audi and Volvo dealers next door to look at those instead.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well my recall letter has arrived this morning, N291-Emissions related recall. Letter mentions a number of software updates (a recipe for disaster :surprise:). No specific mention of tyres but later on mentions 'parts not in stock' (cd or usb drive?). Which of course means I have to contact my dealer, bugger!:sad:

·
Registered
46 Posts
We've now got our letter. Somewhere in all the blurb it says " please treat this matter with the urgency it requires ". So that's what we're doing. No doubt they can do whatever needs doing when it goes in for a service.

·
Registered
897 Posts
So far both that have letters have 290 bop petrol Evoques, is it petrol only?

·
Registered
20 Posts
According to various news sources both 2.0L petrol and diesel are involved.My letter is obviously vehicle specific but mentions Discovery,Range Rover Sport, Range Rover Evoque, Discovery Sport and Range Rover Velar. So I wonder where are the other 43,998 vehicles involved in the recall.:confused::confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well mine went in for the recall today, took about an hour and a half. None the wiser about the actual 'fix' just a mention of a software module update! No noticeable difference on the drive home (15 miles), so as they say time will tell:wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any news on diesel engine recall?

9 months later I still can't get any news on this recall.
It was confirmed when I pressed the helpline (they called another department) that the recall would be applicable to my MY16 TD4 and that new tyres would be fitted.

Anyone had their's recalled yet?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Not had anything so far, we did have the N273 powertrain control module update done on a recent visit, unfortunetly they were very sketchy when asked what the update was for

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not had anything so far, we did have the N273 powertrain control module update done on a recent visit, unfortunetly they were very sketchy when asked what the update was for
Yes I've had this one done but it's not the emission one. Having refused to accept the "you will get a letter if it's applicable to your vehicle" official line from the JLR customer line, it had been confirmed that my vehicle is subject to the recall. I called again last week and after 55 mins of back and forth on hold referrals was told that it's not despite the original press release saying that it would be. Not sure I believe them. Anyone else with a diesel got any info?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Which is the emission and tyre update, is it N291? Will speak to the dealer about getting it booked in as ours should be one of the affected cars and quite frankly I like the idea of some new Pirellis too

·
Registered
3 Posts
Which is the emission and tyre update, is it N291? Will speak to the dealer about getting it booked in as ours should be one of the affected cars and quite frankly I like the idea of some new Pirellis too
I was originally told that N291 was the emissions and tyre update. Subsequently I was told that this only applied to Petrol engines (by JLR Customer Service). Now I'm told (by retailer) that N220v5 - Engine System Upgrade Publication 24-Oct-2019 is the emissions one for diesel engines and that some cars has been recalled but mine won't be (even though the original press release for the emissions recall said my model and year would be}. Also the retailer said they have done no tyre replacements at all.
It will be interesting what your retailer says (I assume yours is a diesel engine?).

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Yep diesel 180

·
Registered
897 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts

·
Registered