Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Software updates I can understand to solve emissions, if I lose a small degree of performance for enhanced mpg so be it. What I find difficult to comprehend is the suggestion some Evoques will need new tyres fitting. Awaiting my letter with interest. Fifty years of motoring and it looks like I will have at least three recalls in 18 months on my Evoque and only one other in my motoring history. C'est la vie!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
On a side note over emissions..I never figured out the Voltswagon scandel where they were manipulating the emission figures on thousands of their cars and got big fines for it.

IE....how did the software know that the car was getting a nozzle stuck up the exhaust pipe for an MOT test, and reduce emissions for the test so it could pass, and then return to normal higher emissions when on the road ?

·
Super Moderator
9,747 Posts
On a side note over emissions..I never figured out the Voltswagon scandel where they were manipulating the emission figures on thousands of their cars and got big fines for it.

IE....how did the software know that the car was getting a nozzle stuck up the exhaust pipe for an MOT test, and reduce emissions for the test so it could pass, and then return to normal higher emissions when on the road ?

It didn't Colin. VW's and Audis just wont rev past 2500 rpm if not in gear.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts

The story was that it knew because the software was programmed to sense the bonnet was up probably via a switch somewhere, they figured if it was in a garage being tested the bonnet would probably be up aswell.......simple and clever, so simple you wouldn't even guess it

·
Registered
894 Posts
I am getting 4 Pirelli Scorpion Verdes fitted at 10:00 on Saturday, they can stick their hard rubber, low friction tyres up their @rse.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I was on the carwow site the other day specing up an evoque and one of the choices was summer or all season tyres, didn't give a choice on make but safe to assume conti and pirelli, so we get a choice this time round it seems, anyway a full lease not PCP was coming out at 649 over 3 years

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
I was on the carwow site the other day specing up an evoque and one of the choices was summer or all season tyres, didn't give a choice on make but safe to assume conti and pirelli, so we get a choice this time round it seems, anyway a full lease not PCP was coming out at 649 over 3 years
I have seen Goodyear tyres on an Evoque in the dealers, not an old car either so not replacements.

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Gone very quiet on this recall, anybody have any updates?
Good question. Has any member had a recall yet or know of any vehicle that has been recalled?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Mine's booked in for an AdBlue top up next week, but no mention of a need for a recall.

Perhaps mine is too early a model (MY16) for this recall?

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Mine was serviced a couple of weeks ago and Apple CarPlay installed. No mention of the recall or if anything relating to it had been carried out.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts