Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just needed to buy a tyre after a non-repairable puncture. I was surprised to see the new one (Goodyear Eagle F1 AT 235/65R17 108V) has the JLR symbol on it, since as far as I know these are only fitted to new vehicles.
The tyre is a year old, so my assumption is that when sales dropped off a cliff earlier this year there was a stock of tyres available, which could not be fitted to new vehicles after a certain time, so were dumped on the retail market.
If you want one or more of these, there are plenty on the web, but apparently they are no longer made. My local fitter at first said he couldn't get one, then realised he was going to lose a sale and tried a bit harder. I reckon his wholesaler didn't have any, but ordered him one from one of the online sellers, as it took best part of a week to arrive. There was a small mark-up, but I was happy to pay that for the convenience.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
12,431 Posts

·
Registered
2012 SD4 Dynamic Lux
1,529 Posts
Yeah, my 245/45/20 Pirelli Scorpion verde all season have (LR) on them and I bought those about 3 years ago.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Don't think you have to buy tyres with the manufacturer's logos on them.
Just means they recommend them.
Provided it's the right size, speed and load rating as in the manual/tyre chart on the car, you aren't going to invalidate any warranty or anything.

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
163 Posts
Manufacturers have been doing this for a few years now. Having their logo on branded tyres that they have specifically approved as being right for their cars. Mercedes have MO marked, BMW have a star ⭐ etc. I understand the tyre is the same they are just saying that these two or three premium brands are the ones they like.
I have always had MO marked on my Mercedes and their has been no difference in price from unmarked tyres of the same brand, I just had to ask for the MO ones. Guess it’s the same with JLR.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts