Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after a long, long wait, and many spec changes, including an about turn on the engine, we finally picked up the wife's Si4 Dynamic in Firenze Red this afternoon.

The full spec is: Si4 Dynamic Auto, Firenze Red with Santorini Black Contrast roof, Panoramic Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Dynamic Plus Pack (amazing seats) Agility Pimento Oxford Leaterinterior, Ebony headlining, 20" Gloss Black Wheels, Lux Pack (ie 850w Meridian, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Powered Tailgate, Dual Screen TV, Surround Cameras etc), Heated Steering Wheel, Premium Mats, Front and Rear Mud Flaps, Rear load protector, Homelink, Adaptive Xenon Lamps with High Beam Assist and Auto dimming Rear View mirror, Spare Wheel,Tyre pressure Monitoing and A-Glaze Paint and Leather protector. Probably forgotten something, but it looks the dogs! Private plate and 4 berth child seat also in Pimento Oxford Leather to follow next week. Phew!
Pictures include detail on the rear bumper with the mud flaps as there was some interest on the forum as to how the mudlaps looked with the dynamic's rear end. I think the mudflaps are really neat!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks great with black wheels, I picked up mine last week, SD4 auto Firenze red, Dynamic with lux pack , shadow 20" wheels and a few other extras.
I notice from your number plate it was registered in the SW, I got mine from Yeovil Landrover in Somerset. I also had the mudflaps fitted and think they are very subtle, but do a great job.
Enjoy the car and hope to see you when driving in the SW.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey methane_ boy,

Congratulations on finally collecting your evoque,it does look absolute mint & is proberly the most specced evoque I have come across,
What is the A-glaze paint & leather protector?I've not seen this before,is it done at the factory during build or at the dealers?
Enjoy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Ismin! Everyone else seems to have had Contis or Pirellis but this one came with Michelins and I agree, they do look good.
Edited by: Methane_Boy

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Wrecka,
Thank you, all the staff at the dealership were really looking forward to seeing this one. I guess it's possibly a bit OTT.

The A-Glaze is done at the dealers for about £350 and comes with an enhanced warranty on the work anda bag of goodies to help keep it clean and tidy. We had something similar on our Golf and it made the leather sooooooo easy to keep clean, even with 3 sticky filthy kids crawling all over it.

Cheers!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Red said:
Looks great with black wheels, I picked up mine last week, SD4 auto Firenze red, Dynamic with lux pack , shadow 20" wheels and a few other extras.
I notice from your number plate it was registered in the SW, I got mine from Yeovil Landrover in Somerset. I also had the mudflaps fitted and think they are very subtle, but do a great job.
Enjoy the car and hope to see you when driving in the SW.
Hi Red, Thanks. Yours sounds great, we so nearly went for the SD4. Ours is from TH White in Wootton Bassett (Sorry, Royal Wootton Bassett) so not a million miles away. We'll look out for you!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Broady said:
That is the best looking Evoque I have seen !
Congrats
Thanks Broady, I have to be honest, I just can't stop looking at it. It looks even more amazing than the pictures can do justice.

Goes well too!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thought I recognised the dealership from the photos. I was in there the other day, shame I missed seeing your car in the flesh - it looks superb from the photos, have fun!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Methane, think I saw your car in the workshop, in fact my wife tried the seats! hope you don't mind. I ordered one very much the same on the day. Did T H White deliver on time or was there a delay?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Craven said:
Hi Methane, think I saw your car in the workshop, in fact my wife tried the seats! hope you don't mind. I ordered one very much the same on the day. Did T H White deliver on time or was there a delay?
Hi Craven, Don't mind at all and I'm not surprised you ordered a similar one, given the looks the car was getting from everyone that passed, I would expect them to have a few orders that day!

Originally we ordered a SD4 in June / July 2011 with a late December delivery date, which became early December, then back to late December again but with no fixed date. I asked if we were to swap to a Si4 if they could give a fixed date and they came back with 20th Jan, so we swapped to the Si4 and lo and behold it was delivered on the 20th Jan! This is our 3rd vehicle now from TH White and I would highly reccommend them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kaz 61, Ratbo and Ranger 4 thanks for your comments, it's a lovely car, but to be honest the wife is still too scared to drive it, so it's spent the weekend getting drooled over by various visitors!
It'll be out and about next week for sure!

·
Registered
23 Posts
The spec is similar except for colour (mine is Galway green) and wheels are not black.
thanks for the info.

Maybe we should have a 'Wiltshire Rally' at a nice county pub this Summer?!

MIKE

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Craven said:
The spec is similar except for colour (mine is Galway green) and wheels are not black.
thanks for the info.

Maybe we should have a 'Wiltshire Rally' at a nice county pub this Summer?!

MIKE
Anything involving a pub is a good plan. Just a shame someone has to do the driving back!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RobF said:
My friend, that is a beautiful looking car. I think mine's quite nice, but that is stunning.
Thank you RobF. Something about the lookwas niggling me though and I realised that the brake calipers are shiney silvery metallic and just don't look right, so I've persuaded the local RR body shop to mix up some heat resistant Firenze and paint all 4 calipers for only £120. Should finish it off nicely. Will post some more photos on Thursday when it's done!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As promised, we've had the brake calipers painted in Firenze to match the bodywork. Some before and after photos - will do again in the daylight I think. Happy with the results anyway!
Front Before:

Front After:

Others:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts