Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well never seen it so quiet on this site ,no breakdowns ,problems ..... JLR customer complaints in heaven.... mind all start your cars to charge the batteries etc

will all be back up and running by June ????, hope you’re all well and enjoying isolation,
At this time spare a thought for others struggling with the pressures ......Maffy and Veterans wives..... no seriously let’s all be there for each other , it’s going to start impacting over next few weeks we’re only at the beginning..... we all make our own choices our own decisions so stay as safe as you possibly can do everything possible to isolate and take no unnecessary risks . we’re all here to talk if you’re bored or lonely ,climbing the walls , I always check in after work xx

·
Registered
MY20.25 P250 SE R Dynamic Silicon Silver, Black Pack, Pano, Driver Pack
72 Posts
Yup, hopefully everyone stays safe,??? managed just 200miles before lockdown. Haven’t gone stir crazy yet but mind you if Mrs Milli touches my special coffee cup one more time it’s curtains! ?

·
Registered
2013 L538 RR Evoque Pure Tech td4
1,891 Posts
Hi Donna et al

Its funny I hadn’t realised why so quiet on here, as it turns out all land rovers are super reliable and trouble free when sitting still and looking pretty on your drive.... Who knew!!

Now your steering is all operational again Donna are you keeping the Evoque or still looking for a change?

Hope our EOC community are keeping well and staying safe in these times of adversity.

And a big shout out to all the Key Workers that are keeping our country running ?

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I agree with CBW No breakdowns because most are on the drive 24/7. All out here again for the NHS & all other workers last night. Take it steady Donna & look after yourself. (y)
NHS.png

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys all good this end?
Got a warranty in place Doogi so keeping for now ... was minutes away from a Audi A4 black edition ...so happy
Hope everyone is well xx

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
All good this end-totally out of PPE, on the hunt now, tracked some down but politics in getting it here!!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
My car has behaved absolutely perfectly for the last 5 days or so, no errors, no faults just perfect ?

Although maybe if I turned it on things would be different ?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Very thoughtful of you to post this Donna:love:.
All's well as far as the cars are concerned, 'cos as others have said they aren't being used.
Threw a tantrum last Saturday evening, peed off not being free to go out as and when I want, the bloody leccy went off at 8pm. No telly, no webby and it got a bit cold with no heating. Went to bed thoroughly miserable.

Got in touch with Network Power to report the outage and they did a wonderful job in keeping me informed with their progress in getting the problem fixed. A tree had fallen on some cables. some 130 houses were without power. We were reconnected at 3am on Sunday. Felt really guilty for being such a selfish arse when there had been a team of hard-working folks struggling in icy windy conditions to get the juice flowing again. I thought my Saturday evening was ruined, but it was nothing compared to how they had to spend theirs.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad everyone doing well, wish Veteran would check in got some questions about the Spanish flu only he can answer ?
Weekend off now , need to do a weekly shop as other half and son are eating for boredom... I got my kitchen painted and decking paint ordered online ... keep them busy
Tesco do a NHS hour before opening on Sunday so will take advantage of it this week xxx

·
Registered
268 Posts
my fishing gear is spotless so is the car ,decking cleaned ,wifeys painted the fence ,dog is clean running out of things to clean lol

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Nice thoughts, Donna, which started this thread. -- Shows how important this forum is!!

I plan to clay bar, polish and wax the Evoque this weekend (for the first time) to see how it comes up (works wonders only classic cars!) -- I must be getting bored!
Have a good weekend and please stay in and give your Evoque a hug!!

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
NIce thought CB, But I bet even Donna doesn't have her Evoque in her living room!!!

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
LOL, PMSL, oozing tears here!

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I realised my tank was low so went to fill up yesterday, made sure to pay at pump with card. First time wheels have turned in 2 weeks. More om the road than I thought there would be.

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
Lots of us are doing more "urgent " journeys than we need to, I think!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My other half says it’s one of the only benefits of me going to work

SAVE LIVES STAY HOME AND WASH CAR

On the downside he joined twitter to rant with 1000s of others at the chancellor about the way the directors are being treated £100 a week etc
Apparently he has upset the teaching community by suggesting that the teachers not going into school should be out in the fields 2 metres apart picking crops... only when they’ve finished another holiday though... he suggests they should have another in service day on full pay to discuss it, while the government pay extra staff there employing while there sat at home ... well a majority... I’m going to have to take his iPad off him???

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why don’t we ....all the usual suspects check in at a certain time in the evening ..I’m not home til 6 ish but a suitable time for all ......waiting for Maffy to say 5.30 lol

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm so bored I worked out that with the distance to empty showing and with one food shop per week my next fill up should be around mid-June.
Hmmm. :oops:

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,639 Posts
I'm so bored I worked out that with the distance to empty showing and with one food shop per week my next fill up should be around mid-June.
Hmmm. :oops:
Good that you bought a petrol!
Only short trips for lots of people is going to play havoc with DPFs . Batteries could be an issue for all of us.
#StayHomeSaveLives

@Donna - I wish you had started this thread in 'chit chat' :p
It might be best to scrap all the forum sections as they are don't seem to work very well and just have one big bucket!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts