Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a quote from the Telegraph today showing why Landrover have made such profits this year, they say this about the new Evoque -

Range Rover Evoque - the new mini-SUV is the smallest ever Range Rover. It has been aimed at younger, more urban and more female customer base. The Evoque, built at Halewood, has proved a success along with the Range Rover Ultimate Edition.
So do you think this is a girlie looking car? If not why?

Please let me know, personally i dont think it does, I thoought the Dynamic version looked quite a muscular looking car, am i wrong?

Your thoughts would be musch appreciated.

Onebigjobby

·
Registered
56 Posts
My wife said she would drive the Evoque too, whlie she will not drive in my Mondeo. So I think its more suitable for women, but there will also be a lot of men owning/driving the car, I guess.
Edited by: ZW4

·
Registered
4 Posts
Personally I dont think its a womans car, a lot of traditionalists thinkits not Landrovery enough. Perhaps they need to paint one bright orange and drive it up the Amazon, or sell a version with tyres and fuel cans on the roof, or up-armour a version for use by the army, that'll be manly, grrrrrr.Maybe some concern because its gone upmarket? Maybe, but I still think it looks faithful to the LRX concept.

Victoria Beckhams involvement is not helpful though, I know she is a fashion icon in many emerging markets, take a drive in Dubai and all you'll see is Beckhams andEwan McGregor on all the advertising (presumably the same in Shanghai), but back home her involvement istoo bitter a pill for some to swallow.

Doesn't bother me though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I never consider whether a car is a "girly". I either like it and it suits me or not. I don't care much for image. For me the Evoque is an excellent compromise between practicality in the country and ability to drive long distances for work.

I am well pleased

·
Registered
70 Posts
Completely agree with Griff!

I am buying mine asI like the look of it and itshould provide a great family car with off road capability if needed, with a touch of luxury and economy.....can't ask for more really?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts