Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else getting iPhone/pod 'freezing' when connected to audio? Seems to happen when car is on longer journeys and only fix is to disconnect start again!

·
Registered
136 Posts
iOS 5 is a known problem

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi
I have the same issue. When I connect via the cable, after a few minutes the music stops. I thn find if I look at the phone that it has jumped from being connected using the cable to using the blue tooth connection. If I then go to the music option on screen and hit the blue tooth option the music re-starts.

but .. via blue tooth is not such good quality and I can't select different music on screen when in blue tooth mode?

Dealer says disconnect it from blue tooth cause it over rides the cable connection...

So.. when the phone freezes, go to music on your screen, hit the blue tooth connection and then in the bottom right 'change device'.. there you can disconnect your phone from blue tooth.

It'll cure it for your long journey but it reverts for the next trip.

hope this helps, I've battled with this too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This has started happening to my car after 2 weeks of ownership. It appears to just lose sound as the screen still shows the display of the track etc and also the count down time of the track is still going. I disconnected the cable and tried it again and it works again, however a couple of minutes later, the sound cuts out again.
I have spoken to my dealer and told them to get back to me with the solution.
I am using an iPhone 4 with update to IOS 5. Bluetooth works perfectly, but the added features of cable connection are more preferable. Must say though, with the 825W system, it is great, blew a youngster away in his Saxo and so called stereo blasting out the current flo rida track - and yes, I had a good feeling!
If anyone has the fix to the iPhone issue, please post.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I don't see why this is a problem? I connect my iPhone via BT and it also plays my music via BT including name of tune and the artist. I mainly listen to Sirius Radio in this manner with the Sirius app for about 20% of the normal monthly rate. Note, to score this deal requires another regular Sirius account on another vehicle.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Irished
Thanks for that, my iphone only went wrong after I upgraded it to IOS 5... so there you go.

It's all amazing technology really... I remember cars before all this stuff, so I dont take any of it for granted.

heading for 13k miles this week... and loving every mile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts