Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Wondering if anyone has had an issue with the interior lights (SD4).

Mine periodically come on randomly whilst driving, sometimes switch on and off, sometimes wont respond to switching off. Other times one or other will stay on when I've just started up and drove away having to turn them off manually.

LR say they have never heard of it and to just keep an eye on it so wondered if this had been experienced by anyone else.

Thank you

·
10,626 Posts
Just a thought, do you happen to adjust the rear view mirror when you start off.

The lights are touch sensitive and proximity sensing.

So if your hand goes close to the lens you may trigger it to go on.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I did have random lighting of the three central lights, mainly the one on the drivers side, then I replaced all the globes with LED globes and have never had a random light since.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
There is a TOPIx bulletin about this that IIRC was issued in 2013 and calls for the replacement of the whole unit.

<blockquote style="margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;"><er style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 20px;">Front Overhead Console Interior Lamps Turn On And Off Unexpectedly</er>Front overhead console interior lamp turns on and off unexpectedly. This version has been issued for a change to the Parts Required, Subject Concern and the Service Instruction.<footer style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 20px;">Global reference:LTB00582v2</footer>
</blockquote>

If the dealer bothered to look on TOPIx, which is supposed to be their first call when researching a fault, they will see the problem. Quote the LTB at them and tellthem to do their job and check on the official JLR resource.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am experiencing the same problem with interior lights.My wife and I drive the car (Range Rover eD4 2013) and this issue started to exhibit after we parked for a long time in an open air carpark on a hot day.

I read there was a record of the error (LTB00582v2), but at the Land Rover/Jaguar repairing center in Las Palmas (in Spain) they said they had never heard of this problem, and according to them the problem was resolved by changing the "contact plates".

Is there a knowledge base that people at the service centre should have access to, and which should be familiar to them, so we can ask them to look for this reference?

Many thanks.
OMA

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
OMA68 said:
Is there a knowledge base that people at the service centre should have access to, and which should be familiar to them, so we can ask them to look for this reference
http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm

Owners Information and Accessory Fitting Instructions are available to view free of charge. Registered users are in addition, able to purchase subscriptions for technical information such as Workshop Manuals, Electrical Diagrams, Technical Bulletins, and Diagnostic Release Notes

Jaguar Land Rover Dealers and their staff should have automatic rights to access the information anyway.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Thread resurrection alert! Last night at 12.01 and 01.45, the alarm went off on our Evoque. Not wanting to tinker at that hour and not seeing anybody picked up on the ring doorbell I just unlocked it and left it unlocked. I locked it when I got up this morning and it’s been perfect all day. Just now, my wife looked on the cctv and just before the alarm went off, you can see the interior light comes on. That is what must be setting the alarm off. Has anybody else had that? I’m going to switch it off tonight just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
9,672 Posts
That's scary Steve,
maybe someone looking for the waistcoat to the suit they just bought from the charity shop!!!!
Either that or it's haunted OOOOOOH!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Haha. Switched the interior lights off and found out it also switches the lighted step plates off too. Hopefully a peaceful night tonight.

·
Registered
9,672 Posts
Maybe, maybe not-strange things out there Steve!!!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I sometimes have the O/S rear interior light staying on, this does seem a bit random.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts