Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hadn't paid any attention to the wifes car but now she's moaning and I now have to pay attention to it.
When she gets in when she goes to work she now tells me the interior light doesn't come on when she unlocks the car or opens the door. Even my Defender has lights that come on when I unlock it.

I've had a quick play but work it out.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Yip you enter fix it quick.... how else do you touch up your make up on way to work.... chop chop....
fuse ... bulb?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry meant to say, when you are in and swish your hand under the interior light it comes on and goes off again when you swish again. But not automatically.
Plus I do my makeup in the house before I go out. The Defender is rubbish for driving and doing makeup LOL

·
Super Moderator
10,363 Posts
It's all about timing. Try keeping your hand under it for longer. Auto has been turned off. It's a while since I did this but it's explained in the handbook.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Markw - If still open, please try this In the overhead console, just behind the rearview mirror, there is a light panel. Press the plastic cover and watch the dashboard light up saying "interior lights on." You do the same to disable them.
Br.Tapsa

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got the same issue. Touching the middle mirror lamp for 3 seconds (as described in the manual) does not work.
BUT if I turn the headlights from 'automatic' to 'off' the 3-seconds-touch does work!
---
I did reset the ECU (disconnect both poles of the battery for 30 minutes) and now it works propperly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts