Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
MY20.25 P250 SE R Dynamic Silicon Silver, Black Pack, Pano, Driver Pack
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve received an email from LV= saying my insurance premium will rise considerably this year. They can no longer offer a competitive quote. Despite covering 1400 miles since new & having an option fitted tracker they say it’s due to the high level of thefts of this model.
I chose LV= as I know other owners recommend them due to the comprehensive list of items covered.
can anyone recommend an alternative insurer that in particular covers any issues with the pano roof please?

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,371 Posts
I had my Evoque insured with Ageas . They were one if the few companies that would take the Evoque without a tracker. Pano roof was covered under the glass section of the policy

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I opted for the tracker package when speccing the build.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Try Aviva 2nd year with them

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
471 Posts
NFU are very good, you actually speak to a human who will be local. Very good levels of cover and I find them generally to be within £50 of the cheapest quote on line once you have added the extras. You also get a percentage bonus that increases each year for staying with them.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I had the same thing from LV just after the new year.
A letter saying that premiums would go up when mine is renewed at the end of this month.
When I got the quote for renewal it was an increase of 40% !!
I'm used to the "Three year loyalty penalty" when they seem to try it on (Admiral, direct line and now LV have all done it).
I went via "Go Compare" to get the free £250 excess cover and signed up with Aviva.
Premium is actually a fair bit less than last year's with LV and lower excess and a couple of other things included at no cost.
I have no doubt that in 2 or 3 years Aviva will try it on and I'll just move elsewhere again.

Reactions: millibars

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Mrs Y's Merc is insured with LV was thinking of covering the Evoque with them under multi car deal when it's due for renewal in May. Looks like that probably wont fly now.
I am currently with Saga and had no problem covering the Evoque from 1st March, I mentioned I had 12 months Secure Tracker dont know if that helped or not.
Interestingly, Saga insure thru LV but unlike LV direct pano roofs are only covered under body damage section not glass section. Luckily academic as both the current Velar and the new Evoque are tin tops.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the replies guys, my main concern was the glass roof as I seem to remember it wasn’t covered by some firms. As this was highlighted before I insured it for the first time I just wanted to ensure all expensive parts of the car are covered by the policy

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
In my experience the majority if not all insurers will cover pano roofs. The problem arises under which section are they covered. Eg: my body damage excess £600 glass section excess circa £50

·
Registered
2021 P200 R-Design S Fuji - due May 2021
62 Posts
I’ve received an email from LV= saying my insurance premium will rise considerably this year. They can no longer offer a competitive quote. Despite covering 1400 miles since new & having an option fitted tracker they say it’s due to the high level of thefts of this model.
🤔

·
Registered
62 Posts
Oops, fat finger.🙄
🤔 I'm insured with LV; it expires 2 weeks after Evoque delivery due; I wonder if they will quote. I see PhilB has keyless entry; is that in your spec millibars?

·
Registered
2018 HSE DYN LUX 290A Black Pack
91 Posts
General comment to all:

I had a flyer through from one of my other car insurers (Esure I think?), saying that due to the pandemic, it is presumed that some car owners will have greatly reduced mileage. If we contact the company with deatails of mileage covered over the last 3 months and future expectations, they will consider a refund.
I rang and told them my other car mileage was down from 10,000/yr (originally) to 100/month under lock down. They sent me a credit for £39!
I have now received the same news from my current provider on my car...so we'll see what happens.
Worth a try eh?
4WD

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi, no the reason I didn’t opt for a higher specced Evoque was my fear of keyless entry however ill founded that may be

·
Registered
62 Posts
hi, no the reason I didn’t opt for a higher specced Evoque was my fear of keyless entry however ill founded that may be
Thanks; this article probably explains why LV have banged up their prices, but given the prevalence of keyless thefts I wondered whether the increase may just apply to vehicles with that feature. On the positive side at least Range Rovers are more desirable than BMWs and Mercs🤗

Reactions: millibars

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To prevent any black magickery I keep both keys in faraday bags, I lovely soft leather posh one for everyday use and it’s nylon cousin for the spare.

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic Lux. 360 cameras. Heated seats & steering. Pano. TV. Park Assist
65 Posts
My Evoque also has keyless entry, but as I’m a little OCD (walking away from the car, then going back to check the doors have locked), I disabled the keyless entry function (just a couple of button clicks on the key fob).
So now it’s one click to open the drivers door, two clicks to open them all round)👍🏼

·
Registered
MY12 | 2.2 L Diesel | Dynamic Lux
49 Posts
I had a Civic before the Evoque 😎 which was insure with Churchill. They wouldn't even insure it unless I had a £300 tracker fitted. I went with the AA in the end through Go Compare as they didn't insist on a tracker. I must be honest I never even gave a second thought the the pano roof 🤔

By the way I keep my one and only key in a Faraday bag and also double lock the car.

·
Registered
2017 HSE Dynamic Lux in Aintree Green, Surround and Park Assist, Heated Wheel
245 Posts
I tried direct line when I got the Evoque as my wife is with them and they wouldn’t insure the car at all. Ended up using go compare and getting insured with eSure for £276 👌🏻

·
Registered
Spock - MY20 D180 Evoque R-Dynamic SE Santorini Black Pimp-Wagon!
136 Posts
Interestingly we were with Sheilas Wheels on Spock, first year renewal at £501, but I just did the due diligence on the quote and got LV= direct for £387! No tracker, Keyless, 11k miles/yr, kept on drive, class 1 business for us both, her 9yrs bonus protected and no voluntary excess. (y)

Also regarding keyless on the 2019+ L551 they have addressed the most common keyless theft issue of crims using a laptop to relay the key by having the keys disabled when sitting still. You can see from here that Thatcham rated the Evoque security as "Superior", it was tested in 2019 so you'll need to scroll down through the latest ones: Consumer Rating Home - Thatcham :cool:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Just had a quote from Darwin insurance (subsidiary of a major insurer) for £285 via compare the market. Looks like they’re getting my money this time.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts