Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decisions, decisions. My insurance is up for renewal and I've never had so much aggro in 40 years of motoring.

My requirements: Fully comp, 11 years protected NCD, 8000 miles per year, some business use. Sometimes I drive my sons, my daughters, my mothers and my friends cars so need driving other cars extension. Reading on here, ideally want the pan roof covered under the glass section of insurance, not the main insurance.

Current insurer - Aviva. Renewal £396. cons: £600 excess but haven't checked if pan roof is covered under glass/windscreen (will check tomorrow)

Saga - £653 No thanks.

Direct line - £435 but want a tracker. No way José. Not entertaining that. At all. Ever.

Admiral, Elephant and Diamond (same company). £272 - £293. £310 total excess, pan roof covered under £70 glass excess but I'm not allowed to drive other cars so no use to me at all. Seems good otherwise.

LV £424 - £350 Total excess Pan roof covered under glass excess - £140 though, double what everyone else charges but seems favourite so far.

I know there are loads out there but any recommendations based on experience?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
580 Posts
Just renewed mine though Adrian Flux ,had been with Aviva for last 5 years they couldn't touch Adrian flux price so went with them.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,882 Posts
Barton Evoque, I can see your post requires approval, although others here will not be able to.
You should not need to have posts approved, so I have contacted admin and left it for them to see where the problem lies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Barton Evoque? What's he got to do with it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
518 Posts
Hi SteveThis may be helpful?


http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/92312/best-car-insurance-companies-2015
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,626 Posts
Sorcerer and kojak, you both might want to have a look at the above before Admin intervene.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,489 Posts
Hopefully this is confined to this sub forum then?Steve D, incase you are wondering All posts except your initial one and those of the mods need to be approved in this thread...Joy !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,150 Posts
confused.com
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,882 Posts
So thats Barton Evoque, Steve D, Mackem and Angel requiring approval here.....shame its not all topics.

Think you are right about this sub forum Koje.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,150 Posts
Sorcerer said:
So thats Barton Evoque, Steve D, Mackem and Angel requiring approval here.....shame its not all topics.
unsure what you mean and i know you can see me ...... shame it's not on all topics hmmmm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steve D said:
Decisions, decisions. My insurance is up for renewal and I've never had so much aggro in 40 years of motoring.

My requirements: Fully comp, 11 years protected NCD, 8000 miles per year, some business use. Sometimes I drive my sons, my daughters, my mothers and my friends cars so need driving other cars extension. Reading on here, ideally want the pan roof covered under the glass section of insurance, not the main insurance.

Current insurer - Aviva. Renewal £396. cons: £600 excess but haven't checked if pan roof is covered under glass/windscreen (will check tomorrow)

Saga - £653 No thanks.

Direct line - £435 but want a tracker. No way José. Not entertaining that. At all. Ever.

Admiral, Elephant and Diamond (same company). £272 - £293. £310 total excess, pan roof covered under £70 glass excess but I'm not allowed to drive other cars so no use to me at all. Seems good otherwise.

LV £424 - £350 Total excess. Pan roof covered under glass excess - £140 though, double what everyone else charges but seems favourite so far.

I know there are loads out there but any recommendations based on experience?
Well, I went with LV in the end as the policy fitted my needs. I've just had my 2017 renewal in and it's £477. Just done a comparison on confused and Elephant, Admiral and Diamond are cheaper again but isn't suitable for me. The next cheapest is my existing insurer, LV at £526 with a higher excess than last year so, for once, there seems to be some loyalty discount being applied so I'll be staying with them for another year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,006 Posts
Try Land Rover Insurance, sure mine was less than £400
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
NFU have always given me good service - not the absolute cheapest, but usually competitive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
Never take LV renewal quote as read. Just a phone call normally results in price drop in the quote as their representatives are authorised to give discount. My LV renewal quote was only £34 increase on last year. Rang them & got it down to £6. Job done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,006 Posts
WOW, Steve you must be a proper dodgy bloke ˜
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BobH said:
Never take LV renewal quote as read. Just a phone call normally results in price drop in the quote as their representatives are authorised to give discount. My LV renewal quote was only £34 increase on last year. Rang them & got it down to £6. Job done.
Thanks for the heads up. Didn't think if it being as they were the cheapest anyway but you did slightly better than me by getting a £28 reduction. I've just asked and got a £24 reduction which isn't bad and £24 for less than a two minute phone call is an easy saving.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top