Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, so this is my first year insuring the Evoque, My previous car was a Jaguar XKR 5.0L Supercharged engine and the full year was £557.

fast forward to today and with 8years no claims and without moving house my renewal for the Evoque is £1,131!! I haven't paid that much insurance since i was 18.

Admiral online seems to offer better price at £775 but this still seems obscenely expensive, Am i missing something about what to put down about this car to lower the price?

Sorry if this seems like a moan post i am just very shocked.

·
10,626 Posts
I would be too, time to do a little shopping around.

My multi car quote with Admiral for year two went up 58%, but I had a ridiculous quote for year one.

I will shop around next year.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Sounds a lot - I pay £450 pa for mine with NFU - 2 named drivers, 8yrs no claims, excess of £250, clean licence and a fairly safe postcode. Mind you, I have insured with NFU since getting my first car in 1972, as we were a farming family.

ps any moderator going past - when I posted in this thread it suddenly announced that this was a moderated thread and the post wouldn't be accepted until approved - seems a bit odd as I have posting for a while now???Edited by: AndyM

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I insured with Land Rover Insurance last year with 9 years NBC for just over £300 I think. Just renewed with them 2 weeks ago for £340. I'm happy at that ˜¬

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,125 Posts
Mine more than doubled when I bought me Evoque too. I was paying £198 for my Z4 now paying £445. It is worth 3 times as much but I shopped around and that's about the best I could get.

·
Super Moderator
11,125 Posts
No idea why but I just posted on here and it says pending approval.
Edited by: XZ4

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I'm with LV through Nationwide BS. Can't remember exact figure but it's a bit below £300. Pano roof covered under the glass section of the policy too. Also includes full European cover. Wonder how long that will continue now that we're Brexiting.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Doogi said:
I insured with Land Rover Insurance last year with 9 years NBC for just over £300 I think. Just renewed with them 2 weeks ago for £340. I'm happy at that ˜¬
I have 25yrs ncb, just retired! Live in a good area in Dorset and LR insurance quoted me £1100 for my Dynamic Lux 2013 from a main dealer, I eventually bought insurance by comparing my meerkat at £350.

·
Super Moderator
11,125 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,125 Posts
That's strange. I just replied in another topic and all was fine. Replied here and back to Pending approval.

·
Super Moderator
11,125 Posts
This only seems to be happening on this topic so not a problem for me.

·
Super Moderator
4,882 Posts
Evo-king said:
Admin Glitch.
Several other posts from long established members requiring approval after yours EK.
Interesting to see if mine comes after them or after your last post and if I need approval.

Edit. If I am not logged in I can see the posts requiring approval between my post and Evo-kings last post, but they dont need approval.
Is this the same for other members.....how do you see it???

Edited by: Sorcerer

·
Registered
68 Posts
Its worth shopping around. LV insured me last year for £343. They then tried the auto renewal on me and it was £395. I shopped around for the same quote and low and behold LV were coming up around £345.. Go figure!

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
I've tried sending a few PM's and it keeps saying I haven't got enough postings, so I gave up

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmm, all interesting, I have had to go for the £775 one as after checking 3 compare websites, direct line and LR Insurance this was still the cheapest.

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
Yes and now it says I need approval to post as it's a moderated forum

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am about to renew my insurance which is at present with L.V. I think I think I remember someone saying that Sainsbury's now accepted In Control Remote as acceptable as a tracker. Previously they required a fully installed tracking system.
Spoke to them today and one person said they want a certificate from L/R and wont accept the info. in the brochure, then another person says In Control Secure is acceptable but I don't seem to have that!
The quote is good but unless I am sure of the cover I do not want to go ahead.
Has anyone else used Sainsbury's and if so did you obtain cover for theft?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've just purchased an Evoque HSE Dynamic td4 and was shocked to be quoted £1775 to insure with aviva. I was paying £782 for my Volvo v40 redesign d2. This was recently written off. No fault of myself, hit from behind at around 60mph. I also have 1 sp50 . This was 20 months ago and these are the only issues in 36 years of diving. I also use the vehicle for class 1 business use. And drive around 24000 miles a year. I finally took LR insurance at £1100 per year. Direct line was even higher than aviva.
Mind you I also got a quote by mistake for the same vehicle but with and sd4 and ""˜""˜tis was £875. So 60bhp more and cheaper insurance, go figure that one.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts