1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Not sure if you are aware?

I was'nt until today

Had a good scan of the technical training manual for the Evoque as per the technician training for PDI etc ....bloody workbook is THICK

Looking at the pure spec if you don't select one of the 2 upgrades i'e the meridian systems then you get a 80 watt system " Non Branded " with a much smaller centre screen in the centre dash

Reminds me of the Discovery 4 GS centre screen in terms of size and functionality
Edited by: Mortz

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I encourage this...........totally threw me when I scanned the technicians work book....had diagrams etc...for me I thought Ohh Sh*te

Do check it though..........this is fresh news for me

·
Registered
17 Posts
When you print the summary from the build and price on the website it does say 380 W meridian sound system and 8 inch touch screen.

Wonder where the 80W system came from?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't answer that im afraid...was pretty much plain as day when I scanned through the Tech manual today...if our tech has left his book in work I will take a snap of the page and post it up..

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agree Pure standard Equip says 380 watt meridian system
None the wiser at present where the 80 watt bit is coming from?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I popped in to my dealer yesterday afternoon to confirm what the standard stereo is in a Pure (according to LR Website it's the 380 watt Meridian) the dealer checked his system and confirmed that indeed it is this, he hadn't heard of any 80 watt system.

I also managed to see some Evoques in the flesh for the first time but of course none of these were the Pure version which got me thinking whether the twin exhausts on the Pure SD4 have the same covers on the tail pipes as Prestige and Dynamic or will they just be standard round tail pipes, difficult to tell form the brochure. I'm sure Mortz will have an answer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Mortz,

I book a standard Pure and LR told me at the moment they only produce with the Meridian so they said i have to buy the tech pack, they didnt let me buy with the standard radio, if somebody order Standard Pure and LR accepted they will deliver with Meridian at the moment, i guess in the future they will inform the customers if they dont install the Meridian...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Call me old fashioned, but this is disingenuous in my book. There has never been any mention of an 80W system in any of the public literature.

One can only wonder what other changes are afoot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here in Spain all the dealers inform about this, at the moment in Spain can only buy Pure with the Tech Pack that includes the Meridian with touch screen...

·
Registered
52 Posts
It seems this is the euro spec, although I am surprised Mortz posted it as I would have assumed he knew this. I have asked my dealer to clarify.

do you have any views?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
leesug said:
It seems this is the euro spec, although I am surprised Mortz posted it as I would have assumed he knew this. I have asked my dealer to clarify.

do you have any views?

Indeed I would have know if this 80w specification was relevant to the UK Market

If it's for the Euro market then of coursei would not need to know.

Totally threw me when I seen it in the Technician's TECH book

·
Registered
134 Posts
i ordered the pure tech pack and audio system included meridian 380w, interior mood lighting was in the tech pack also !!!! with 8inch touch screen

1 - 20 of 47 Posts