Evoque Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Autobiography/ Firenze Red/Black Pack/21" alloys./ Electric Sunroof
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daft question perhaps but can anyone tell me if four wheel drive is on all the time or do I have to set it up somewhere?
I have a 21 plate Autobiography.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,170 Posts
Yes Evoques are permanent 4 wheel drive (apart from the 2WD tax break ones!).
Lots of info on how to use traction control on LR's website or perhaps take a look at some YouTube videos to understand how to use things :)

·
Registered
2017 2.0D HSE Dynamic Lux Auto (Blue)
16 Posts
My understanding was that in 'normal' use it switched to front wheel drive above 20mph or so, based on something I'd heard somewhere or possibly read on here. Happy to be corrected/enlightened if wrong though.

Reactions: PhilB

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Evoques are permanent 4 wheel drive (apart from the 2WD tax break ones!).
Lots of info on how to use traction control on LR's website or perhaps take a look at some YouTube videos to understand how to use things :)
Thanks for response.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
3,170 Posts
My understanding was that in 'normal' use it switched to front wheel drive above 20mph or so, based on something I'd heard somewhere or possibly read on here. Happy to be corrected/enlightened if wrong though.
It's 'full time' 4WD rather than 'selectable' where the driver needs to manually select 4WD.
Loads to read online rather than me trying to explain :)

Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
The OP has a 21 plate so it's the "MK2" which isn't always 4x4.
If you go to your lower screen and tap the "vehicle" screen, on mine there was a "4x4" button which opened up a screen on the top main screen showing how much power was being delivered to each axle.
It was also the case that "in the cruise" it would revert to 2 wheel drive with the driveline disconnect system on the MK2 Evoques.

For the OP it means the car will take care of things by itself.

Product Font Line Screenshot Material property

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Yes it’s my understanding that mine (MY20) is front wheel drive the majority of the time.
If you select one of the terrain response modes it goes into 4WD full time.
When driving in 2WD (auto terrain response mode) if the car senses it’s losing grip it automatically goes into 4WD.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes it’s my understanding that mine (MY20) is front wheel drive the majority of the time.
When driving in 2WD (auto terrain response mode) if the car senses it’s losing grip it automatically goes into 4WD.
thanks for response.

·
Registered
MY2020 Evoque D180 R-Dynamic SE
172 Posts
It is quite informative to run the 4X4 screen mentioned by @PhilB above. I did this a while back for interest and it showed that if you accelerated the drive would generally go into 4 wheel drive mode, and only when cruising does it stay in 2 wheel drive for any period of time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is quite informative to run the 4X4 screen mentioned by @PhilB above. I did this a while back for interest and it showed that if you accelerated the drive would generally go into 4 wheel drive mode, and only when cruising does it stay in 2 wheel drive for any period of time.
Thanks for response.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts