Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
The early dennis’s I drove had an interesting abs system. The pedal juddered under heavy pressure using a cadence braking type system. This was great except if you wanted to stop quickly (quite handy really) you had no chance.

We once had a turn out to “crashed aircraft” and we were the first appliance attending. It was outside our area and I didn’t know the roads, but obviously I was giving it plenty due to the nature of the call. As we approached a 120 degree corner the shout came out we needed to take it, I was doing @ 60mph. Some 80 yards past the junction the OIC said we should have taken that last turning, I said I know, I started braking just before it, and we were still slowing down.
It went into the workshop the next day.

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,766 Posts
I like them, what's not to like?
These modern lights can look good - but what are the replacement costs a few years down the road?
50p for an old-skool bulb or £800 for an LED light replacement perhaps?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Is that laser ?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
If you are in the LED headlight club like I am myself the DRL itself turns orange from white, its a very exclusive club with only a few members on here, we can't have any tom dick or maffy joining, I believe they even caused envy among certain posters 😜

Reactions: XZ4

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
I too have the old LEDs on my Merc, superb bit of kit.-just a bit upmarket!

·
Registered
2018 HSE Dynamic Black Pack
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
On my way to work this morning I saw an Evoque with its indicator on. Like a lot of cars when you indicate it cancels out the driving light so you can see the indicator better. I’d never noticed this on an Evoque before. The car had private plates on it but I’d guess it was a 2017 model. When I got home I thought I’d see if mine would cancel out the lights. I turned the ignition on and switched the indicators on. The lights didn’t cancel. Was this because it needed to be in D or was it because my car doesn’t have this option on it?
They work. Got the Mrs to sit in it with the car in D and the lights dim when the indicators are on.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts