Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2018 HSE Dynamic Black Pack
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work this morning I saw an Evoque with its indicator on. Like a lot of cars when you indicate it cancels out the driving light so you can see the indicator better. I’d never noticed this on an Evoque before. The car had private plates on it but I’d guess it was a 2017 model. When I got home I thought I’d see if mine would cancel out the lights. I turned the ignition on and switched the indicators on. The lights didn’t cancel. Was this because it needed to be in D or was it because my car doesn’t have this option on it?

·
Registered
990 Posts
I actually noticed mine the other day reflected in a shop window, the indicators cancel the DRL’s.

·
Registered
Dynamic 3 door, 2013, SD4, santorini black with pimento and ebony
51 Posts
Mine definitely cancel the DRL’s and that is a 2013 model. I think for some of the headlamp features you have to be moving or at least in D, wonder if this is the same

·
Registered
2014 Range Rover Evoque Prestige Lux Aintree Green
77 Posts
Funnily enough, I tried mine whilst sitting outside a shop and the indicator came on as the DRL went off, think it looks good !!

·
Registered
2018 HSE Dynamic Black Pack
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the replies. I’ll have a look when it’s in D. I see that some of you are saying the indicators cancel the lights on cars that are 6 years old. I thought that this was something that only came about in the last couple of years. It would be nice if RR had a feature on the rear indicators where they indicate in a line getting bigger like on Audi’s.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Mine does that too. Dynamic indicators. It does it front and rear. You do have an option in the menu to disable this feature, but I can’t imagine why anyone would want to.

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
Correct, it is there for a reason-cancels out the LED to make sure other road users can see you are indicating.-unless you are a woman or company car driver, then obviously your car is not equipped with indicators!

·
Registered
Evoque MY20 First Edition in Seoul Pearl Silver
1,738 Posts
Mine does that too. Dynamic indicators. It does it front and rear. You do have an option in the menu to disable this feature, but I can’t imagine why anyone would want to.
There may be some odd drivers out there that will!

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
You can be sure of that Sir!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Not me! I like them, even been looking at getting the mirror repeaters that do it, but haven’t found anyone that can guarantee theirs will fit the 2020.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
It's your car, do as you like, there will always be someone that won't like whatever you do.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Correct, it is there for a reason-cancels out the LED to make sure other road users can see you are indicating.-unless you are a woman or company car driver, then obviously your car is not equipped with indicators!
Or most Audi drivers.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Never had time to indicate, anyway, if great big blue flashy things didn’t get there attention, coupled with sirens and bull horns, a piddling little flashing orange light on the corner wasn’t likely to be noticed.

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
990 Posts
There were 3 distinct groups of drivers you came across when responding under blues & two’s.

The type that completely ignored the fact that they had 12 & a half tons of machinery bearing down on them at a great rate.
The type that stopped instantly on realising you were approaching, even if they were directly opposite another car or traffic island.
And rarely, the type that spotted you coming from some distance, and then found a safe place to pull over in plenty of time for you to pass them.

I do miss driving them really. And just for you Maffy, for @ the last 10 years of my service, we drove Mercedes.
All automatics too (even the early dennis’s) but for some reason we had to pass our LGV test in a manual.

Reactions: Maffy

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I remember one of my brothers many years ago worked for Dennis for a while doing the bodywork and I remember him telling me they had got a decent sized order from Hong Kong but all the doors had to be made to open inwards because of how narrow some of the streets are,

1 - 20 of 31 Posts