Evoque Owners Club banner

Incontrol vehicle activation

6K views 39 replies 11 participants last post by  Jonttt 
#1 ·
Hi, I bought a used evoque se tech td4 2017 and I’m trying to setup the incontrol vehicle activation, however I keep receiving the automated email stating that it was unsuccessful due to my vehicle having a poor mobile reception.
I have a SIM card in the boot and I can connect to the sim card over the wireless hotspot so I know the SIM card works.
Any help would be appreciated thanks

#38 ·
For the record, this is Dealer supplied Land Rover statement from Defender document

1 Year Data Plan included
We know how important it is for you to stay connected. With Pivi Pro’s Online Pack with Data Plan1, you can enjoy your favourite music streamed from multiple services, including Spotify, TuneIn and Deezer, right through your Land Rover Defender speakers.

WiFi enabled with Data Plan - £440 Option
As passengers, you can all take full advantage of the optional Wi-Fi Enabled with Data Plan2, streaming entertainment with up to 20GB of data per month. Whether that’s browsing their socials, playing online games, or immersing themselves in a movie.

#39 ·
For the record, this is Dealer supplied Land Rover statement from Defender document

1 Year Data Plan included
We know how important it is for you to stay connected. With Pivi Pro’s Online Pack with Data Plan1, you can enjoy your favourite music streamed from multiple services, including Spotify, TuneIn and Deezer, right through your Land Rover Defender speakers.

WiFi enabled with Data Plan - £440 Option
As passengers, you can all take full advantage of the optional Wi-Fi Enabled with Data Plan2, streaming entertainment with up to 20GB of data per month. Whether that’s browsing their socials, playing online games, or immersing themselves in a movie.
If the Data plan included is for 500mb per month then you will eat that streaming music etc......but for basic use eg navigation live traffic and street view of destination then its fine ie we use <60mb per month (nb live traffic is "on" all the time if you have a licence and data connection whether you are actually using nav or not)

THe £440 option is a joke ie you can get a £10/mth Sim from Smarty that gives 30GB per month data allowance (just as an example)....you are better off with one of those for £120 per year if your going to use actually use the wifi hotspot in the car a lot but for most people I would think their own phones data plan would suffice via your mobile phone hotspot if you need it with a SIM backup for normal basic use ........we've been using the free 3 sim with 200mb with zero issues......if we do a SOTA update we do it on the drive with the car connected to the house wifi or again if I could not do that I would just turn my phones wifi hotspot on to do it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.