Evoque Owners Club banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I tried logging on to https://ubigi.me/ but all I got was a blank screen. I tried a few other sites but got a cannot connect message.
It seems there is more of a problem than the error logging in that I’m experiencing.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I tried logging on to https://ubigi.me/ but all I got was a blank screen. I tried a few other sites but got a cannot connect message.
It seems there is more of a problem than the error logging in that I’m experiencing.
In the top left hand corner of the screen do you see a 4g symbol? Just to make sure data is active.
  1. Select the settings icon to access the SETTINGS pop-up menu.
  2. Select All settings.
  3. Select Connectivity.
  4. From the CONNECTIVITY menu screen, touch the Mobile data toggle.
  5. When displayed, select Agree to agree to the terms and conditions.
Can you connect the car to a WiFi connection (house or phone hotspot) and repeat the connectivity test?

Reactions: DKZ5745

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I’ll have a look tomorrow, as for the 4g symbol, it seems to be hit and miss. I have regularly had some kind of symbol with a line through it, which I assume means I have no connection.
I have contacted the dealer I got the car from, and they were supposed to be contacting ubigi for me and trying to sort it out, but I haven’t heard back from them yet.
The very next day my sim seemed to be connecting so I thought they had sorted it, but then it started losing connection again.
I’ll try to connect again tomorrow & also see if I can connect via my house Wi-fi.
The dealer connected the car up for me, the Ubigi sim was already in & supposedly registered to me, but I don’t have any of the registration details, user name, password etc (I assume username will be my name).
The problem is I’m several hundred miles from the dealer, so having to do everything by phone/email.

Im not sure if I’m dealing with 1 or 2 issues. Not being able to log in when selecting nav, and, occasionally seemingly having a disconnected sim.
They sound like they’re obviously one and the same problem, but even when I’m showing 4g I still can’t log in when the car asks me to. So I think that might be a separate issue.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I think the safest place for the Ubigi sim is in the bin.
Yes I'm sure some have no problems but a lot do.
Many stories across other forums of problems registering, data running out suddenly etc etc.
When I collected mine they had run out of them but I already had a new "3" data only sim which I and many others have been using for a few years and it has never let me down.
No need to register or fanny around with user names, passwords etc, just press out the micro sim, put it in the slot and complete the steps as above by Screaming Dad.
I use a 12GB for 12 months and have never used up all the data.
You can also buy a 24GB for 24 months.
When it's up on date limit simply chuck it away and put in a new one.

Three Mobile Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband 12 GB data: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
So I’ve had a play around with the settings this morning. I managed to log onto ubigi.me using the house Wi-fi, but that didn’t help much really as it needed the car to log in using the ubigi sim.
Then I managed to log on using the car‘s sim. I got the following..
0FA0DB94-D409-46E2-8BBE-5DAA214356AF.jpeg

I have no idea why I’ve run out of data, as I never use the thing for anything other than have the Nav screen up when driving.
I do keep getting this occasionally...

D984B5EF-00E1-4AF3-9CD5-EE8C5D8EE994.jpeg

Which a gather means I have no connection for whatever reason the car has decided.

My settings screen is this...

C044B62A-0114-4E69-BB69-74C4D7F76136.jpeg

Ithink I’ll try to get hold of the dealer that supplied my car & ask them to sort it for me, not sure how much interest they will show, especially as they know I live several hundred miles from their garage.

I know a few of you have had the issue of being told your data has run out when you know it can’t have. How did you all sort it ?

·
Registered
227 Posts
@DKZ5745 sorry can't help with running out of data, but whilst you're on the Ubigi site via the car browser you can change the password and then use the ubigi app to monitor usage. Whilst you were connected via WiFi could you log onto the navigation account?

I've still got my three data sim that gives 200Mb data per month free of charge - I had this in my old car for two years and never ran out of data, might swap it for the Ubigi sim....

Reactions: DKZ5745

·
Registered
817 Posts
You could also turn data roaming off as it's not necessary as you have a dedicated network.
Only have mobile data switched on.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Are you still on version 19 ?
It could be just a region thing and it will eventually turn up.
You could ring your dealer and get them to check and see what is going on.
So I finally got to ring my dealer and they were very surprised the car hadn't downloaded the update by itself, and they pushed it right away, so now my Evoque's updated to 20B something.
No annoying pop-up screens, that's already a thing. The bug with the playback of music on USB sticks seems resolved. Haven't looked much further for now.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
So, my data plan with Ubigi has renewed & everything has started working again. Signing in, checking for updates the lot👍
I have this free data plan for 3 years but I’ve just learned that it’s only 500mb per month, and as I’ve had the hotspot turned on with people using the cars Wi-fi, that’s obviously why the data ran out.
When this is no longer free, I’ll be heading to Amazon for an EE data only sim

61 - 69 of 69 Posts