Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
It's been mentioned on other forums but I don't think anyone has had it come down the pipe yet.
Looking at it, it's only bits and bobs and a lot of it is for other markets.
But I'm sure someone will get it eventually.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I’m just on with sorting all my apps & software out having only got the car on Monday. I went into software updates & it said mine was up to date, but I don’t think I have the version mentioned here.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I’m just on with sorting all my apps & software out having only got the car on Monday. I went into software updates & it said mine was up to date, but I don’t think I have the version mentioned here.
It will probably show it's up to date and the software version should be 19B or 19C.
These updates are sent out to individual vehicles at different times so don't worry.
One day you will start it up and you will get a message saying software update available.
If you agree it will then download showing progress on the screen.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Don't want to worry you but.....

(found on TOPIx)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
?‍♂

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
It will probably show it's up to date and the software version should be 19B or 19C.
These updates are sent out to individual vehicles at different times so don't worry.
One day you will start it up and you will get a message saying software update available.
If you agree it will then download showing progress on the screen.
Its19C ?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Indeed, the rollout is stopped this is now mentioned on the update page. Too bad as I'm looking forward to this:

USB Media will now resume from the track that was playing when the vehicle was shutdown
Before that, it would default back to the first track played... even when on shuffle mode.

Let's hope they get their OTA issues sorted out quickly.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Marianne, have you left your memory stick in for long enough so that the media centre has fully catalogued its contents? I found that it would return to the first track for a while but after leaving it alone for a few days it then performs as you would expect.
I'm still not totally happy with the media centre as the way it uses "Gracenote" is pants, whilst my media worked fine on all my other players around the house from day one the Evoque refuses to show the album artwork correctly. It apparently gets its own artwork from the Gracenote database (or the default guitar neck if it doesn't recognise) and continues to ignore the perfectly good artwork contained in my media's metadata (or even a seperate jpg file). I've wasted hours researching this problem and debugging my media into prestine correctness and it has made zero difference.
There seems to be no way of forcing a rescan (which every other player I've come across has) and can get itself in a muddle if you confuse it with too many changes. :rolleyes: :)

Reactions: macounette

·
Registered
107 Posts
Marianne, have you left your memory stick in for long enough so that the media centre has fully catalogued its contents? I found that it would return to the first track for a while but after leaving it alone for a few days it then performs as you would expect.
I'm still not totally happy with the media centre as the way it uses "Gracenote" is pants, whilst my media worked fine on all my other players around the house from day one the Evoque refuses to show the album artwork correctly. It apparently gets its own artwork from the Gracenote database (or the default guitar neck if it doesn't recognise) and continues to ignore the perfectly good artwork contained in my media's metadata (or even a seperate jpg file). I've wasted hours researching this problem and debugging my media into prestine correctness and it has made zero difference.
There seems to be no way of forcing a rescan (which every other player I've come across has) and can get itself in a muddle if you confuse it with too many changes. :rolleyes: :)
Hi Colin, thanks for the advice ;)
Yes, I've left it alone for many days now - it must be over a month. I usually leave the USB stick in the car and haven't removed it since I got it to work. And every time, it'll play the first song of the list... sigh
My media is in mint condition as my other half is quite the maniac about that and spends hours to fiddle all our music library into absolute perfection ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine still hasn’t updated to 19c (still on 19b)...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Have you tried going into settings and getting it to check for updates?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mudweasel, unless you've got a specific problem you're expecting the update to fix then I'd leave well alone. Microsoft can't manage to get their updates bug free (I delay mine by a month for that reason) and I think JLR software engineers are much less talented than Gates's mob.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I remember on 19B there was still the "Padlock" on the screen which enabled updates on or off.
Mine came with 19A and was showing updates locked (padlock was greyed out).
I phoned the salesman who looked up my vin and remotely unlocked it and I got updates.
19C did away with the updates locked feature so no padlock and further updates should appear when it's your car's turn.
Might be worth having a look to see what is showing .

·
Registered
184 Posts

So got my S20A SOTA update yesterday, it's obviously been re-released with a (hopefully) fixed version - slightly different number now - S20A_20.16.5-536345. I haven't driven the car since the install so can't say whether there are any noticeable changes other than that shown below. The only thing I would like from an update is that the media player can read the metadata included in my mp3 files rather than insisting on using that in the loaded Gracenote data base but there seems to be no improvement there.
However instead of the JLR software engineers making that fit for purpose they've obviously wasted their time adding a new splash screen on startup, I'm hoping it might go away after a few drives..........

:mad::mad:
Can't escape Covid-19 every time I switch the TV on, so do I really want JLR preaching to me every time I go for a drive? - I THINK NOT. (BTW I'm usually looking forward most the time I'm driving - perhaps should've added "& use your mirrors"?)
Obviously somebody in marketing thinks pretending to be "caring sharing" will help sell cars - or am I just a cynical old git.:)

Reactions: Maffy and PhilB

·
Registered
MY15 2.2L
1,891 Posts
Wonder how long it will be before the OTA stuff starts displaying adverts! o_O

1 - 20 of 69 Posts