Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I feel your pain!
First couple of days after I bought the car I found the cd wouldn't play audio cd's (dvd videos were ok), this was deemed a software problem and took the dealer over a week to fix with LR tech assistance. The plus was that I went from the older 4 panel display to the latest 3 panel software and at this point IC Remote app was still working, the negative was that I soon discovered IC Route app was not. I was told that Remote and Route work through different systems and that the Route software was now incompatible with the other updated software, the car went back a couple of weeks later for the Route module software to be updated (this time it was only in for the day IIRC). Some time later I noticed the web browser was no longer working, this required a Telematics Control Unit to be replaced which took 3 days (along with a foggy rear camera replacement).
My conclusion is that dealer technicians (perhaps understandably) don't have an in-depth understanding of the software and are therefore dependent on LR-TA to sort the problems, and there is obviously a queue they have to join before getting assistance. Which means the customer is without his/her car for longer than should be necessary.
I have found my Remote app to be reliable so it wouldn't surprise me that it is an in-car software incompatibility that is causing your issue. I would guess the "drive a mile" request is simply to check if Remote records the event as smaller movements aren't logged (although you should see car locked/unlocked etc).
As an aside I have found that the Route app only shows live tracking while the Nav is logged in to my account, and it occasionally drops the log-in. This happened Friday while the wife was out in it, I tried checking on the pc and found the InControl Route Planner page was blank (no log in page), so I suspect the two events are connected, it was later back up.
It would be nice to get some clarification as to which systems use the inbuilt sim and which the removable sim.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks Colin, that's interesting.
If people (customers and LR) understood how things work that would help!

I'll try my daughter's iPhone with the app when I get a chance to see if it is due to the old Android app.
If anyone else was only able to use v1 of the Android app (& web portal) and is seeing problems, or not, please let me know. I did try an iPad yesterday and when logging in it just returned the useful failure message "generic error"!

·
Super Moderator
2,311 Posts
My Jaguar in-control shows my last journey on 1st Feb correctly, but now states Car is unlocked with door open, I know it's not as I can see it on my Garage cam...

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My Jaguar in-control shows my last journey on 1st Feb correctly, but now states Car is unlocked with door open, I know it's not as I can see it on my Garage cam...
If it was just a freebie service/product you could understand - but as it's a cost option on a 'premium' vehicle they need to do more...

·
Registered
7,520 Posts
Start a petition Hmmmuk and maybe you will get a years free membership 🙈

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm still talking to the InControl people at LR via their CE people...

They've just said I'll need the TCU to be replaced rather than the previous s/w upgrade o_O
They can't tell me if that's covered by my extended LR warranty as that's different people.

They also said the last time the vehicle contacted LR was last September!?
Doesn't fill me with confidence. Everything was fine up to 15 days ago and that's the date the app and web portal says it last contacted LR.
So they are either looking at someone else's account or the system is just showing how flaky it is...

I think I'll give up with InControl for the time being and perhaps get them to look at it when it's in for a service in the summer - assuming the warranty covers things.

#LRAlwaysConnected

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm still talking to the InControl people at LR via their CE people...

They've just said I'll need the TCU to be replaced rather than the previous s/w upgrade o_O
They can't tell me if that's covered by my extended LR warranty as that's different people.

They also said the last time the vehicle contacted LR was last September!?
Doesn't fill me with confidence. Everything was fine up to 15 days ago and that's the date the app and web portal says it last contacted LR.
So they are either looking at someone else's account or the system is just showing how flaky it is...

I think I'll give up with InControl for the time being and perhaps get them to look at it when it's in for a service in the summer - assuming the warranty covers things.

#LRAlwaysConnected
See #21 above.
My TCU had to be replaced to get the web browser working again (it was working early in my ownership - but rarely use it). However InControl Route has always worked.
Makes me wonder if there's a firmware issue they can't access remotely. Definitely low confidence on their software abilities, I have issues with their use of Gracenote in the media player, it could be SO much better. My mp3 files work fine on all my other players, spent countless hours debugging metadata to be 100% faultless and made FA difference in the Evoque, Gracenote still insists it knows better (not).
TCU was replaced under my 2yr warranty from used purchase.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
See #21 above.
My TCU had to be replaced to get the web browser working again (it was working early in my ownership - but rarely use it). However InControl Route has always worked.
Makes me wonder if there's a firmware issue they can't access remotely. Definitely low confidence on their software abilities, I have issues with their use of Gracenote in the media player, it could be SO much better. My mp3 files work fine on all my other players, spent countless hours debugging metadata to be 100% faultless and made FA difference in the Evoque, Gracenote still insists it knows better (not).
TCU was replaced under my 2yr warranty from used purchase.
Thanks Colin - I agree with you.
LRCE have told me to ignore the time stamp and just use a dealer. Good to hear you had the TCU replaced under warranty.
LR let themselves down when they keep telling me the warranty people are different people (which they are) but at the same time sell the warranty as a LR thing! It's even built in to their Loading... page.

^ If this still says "Loading..." it should be displaying the My Land Rover dashboard URL - but NOTHING works these days! 😁

·
Registered
90 Posts
(...) It's even built in to their Loading... page.

^ If this still says "Loading..." it should be displaying the My Land Rover dashboard URL - but NOTHING works these days! 😁
Indeed, it still says "Loading". And the redirect (to the login page) takes forever.
Mind you, there's a caveat on the page that mentions (in caps) that this is a BETA service (in other words: bugs everywhere) 😆

·
Registered
31 Posts
I will my experience, a month or 2 ago the whole app experience was dire, not connecting, no journeys no remote start, or it would perform the start whilst the phone was telling me it couldnt.

Last few weeks its worked fine, I dont use the remote start much but it always works when asked, journeys load just fine

This is both the old app and new, i had to re install the old during the bad spell as it seemed to work better.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
@chicken george There was a 10+ day outage for a lot of users at the end of Oct start of November.
When I posted this thread I was hoping it would just be another general problem with the service - but it looks like this is just a problem for me. I'll 'laugh' if things start working for me at some point after LR telling me I need a new TCU...

I carry out a 'B-Call Run' (hold spanner button for 15 secs) every now and again in case things sync :rolleyes:

·
Registered
437 Posts
I carry out a 'B-Call Run' (hold spanner button for 15 secs) every now and again in case things sync :rolleyes:
The JLR instructions for the re-synch thing are a bit short from my experience.
I had this on my XE and it didn't fix it.
But the problem was driving off after the 15 seconds.
I did a guide for the XE forums which seems to work.
The main thing is to stay stationary untill the flashing stops completely.

"Delete the app from your devices.
Take the car to a place with a good mobile signal as it has to "chat" to the JLR servers.
Keep the engine running so it doesn't shut down during the "reboot".
Go to the Jag assist button in the roof with the spanner on it.
Press and hold it in.
It will start to flash quickly - hold it in until it starts flashing at a slower rate and release the button. DO NOT drive off at this point - stay stationary.
Wait until the button stops flashing then go for a drive of at least a couple of miles to log a journey on the system.
Load the app back on your devices and you should find things are back to normal."

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks, that's just about what I've done. I queried the reason for 'logging out of the app' in their instructions as the vehicle surely syncs with LR, and the app and web portal get their data from there? LR replied but still didn't really clarify this as it's all Chinese whispers through [email protected]

Perhaps I'll try removing the phone app as there's nothing to lose - but it doesn't make sense to me.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts