Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you haven't yet bought GAP insurance for a car that you purchased up to a year ago, you're running out of time.

From January 22nd onwards, we'll only be able to sell GAP insurance to cover a car that you bought up to 3 months in the past.

If you've been delaying buying GAP insurance with the intention of buying it towards the end of the first year of ownership (e.g. your motor insurer might cover you on a new-for-old basis during the first year of owning a brand new vehicle), now is the time to act before you potentially lose the ability to buy GAP insurance cover at all. In some cases (if you do have new-for-old cover with your motor insurance) we may even be able to permit you to defer the start date of the policy by up to 12 months from when the vehicle was first registered - thereby allowing you to avoid *possible* duplicate cover in the first year but, still benefit from cover in year 2 onwards.

January 22nd is a strict deadline which will not change. If you're contemplating GAP insurance, get a quote online today at www.gapinsurance.co.uk or contact us to discuss your requirements on either 01484 490095 or [email protected].

Remember too that forum members get 10% discount using code: "EOC10"

·
10,626 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I can't find the post, but didn't you recently post up the fact the GAP/Wheel & Tyre/Scratch & Dent Insurance was no longer going to be available from you?

I remember missing the deadline.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you haven't yet bought GAP insurance for a car that you purchased up to a year ago, you're running out of time.

From January 22nd onwards, we'll only be able to sell GAP insurance to cover a car that you bought up to 3 months in the past.

If you've been delaying buying GAP insurance with the intention of buying it towards the end of the first year of ownership (e.g. your motor insurer might cover you on a new-for-old basis during the first year of owning a brand new vehicle), now is the time to act before you potentially lose the ability to buy GAP insurance cover at all. In some cases (if you do have new-for-old cover with your motor insurance) we may even be able to permit you to defer the start date of the policy by up to 12 months from when the vehicle was first registered - thereby allowing you to avoid *possible* duplicate cover in the first year but, still benefit from cover in year 2 onwards.

January 22nd is a strict deadline which will not change. If you're contemplating GAP insurance, get a quote online today at www.gapinsurance.co.uk or contact us to discuss your requirements on either 01484 490095 or [email protected].

Remember too that forum members get 10% discount using code: "EOC10"
Great to have, I once had a brand new Renault Laguna £15k which I also signed the dotted line for 3 year GAP insurance.

2 years and 8 months to the date my car was hit head on. my insurers wrote the car off and paid me £8k, 2 weeks later the GAP insurers paid me £7k so I paid the remaining finance off and had over £13k as a deposit to my next car, how chuffed was I Lol

·
Vendor
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info.

I can't find the post, but didn't you recently post up the fact the GAP/Wheel & Tyre/Scratch & Dent Insurance was no longer going to be available from you?

I remember missing the deadline.

That post was about Scratch & Dent, Tyre and Alloy Wheel insurance. As of December 23rd we're no longer selling them after the underwriter gave us short notice of such high price increases that it would be pointless even trying. However, we are in talks with a number of alternative providers and hope to have them back on sale soon.

We continue to sell GAP insurance, albeit we'll be parting ways with one of our two policy underwriters from January 22nd onwards.

Great to have, I once had a brand new Renault Laguna £15k which I also signed the dotted line for 3 year GAP insurance.

2 years and 8 months to the date my car was hit head on. my insurers wrote the car off and paid me £8k, 2 weeks later the GAP insurers paid me £7k so I paid the remaining finance off and had over £13k as a deposit to my next car, how chuffed was I Lol

Proof that it works! Lots of people diss GAP insurance as not being worth the money but, for those that find themselves needing to claim on a GAP insurance policy the payouts can be substantial. Glad it worked out for you.

I'm assuming you have GAP insurance on your current vehicle? :angel:

·
Registered
70 Posts
After reading the posts on here just taken out Gap insurance and had a conversation with a very nice man who charged me just £137.44 for three years bargain!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts