Evoque Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Having alerts every time regardless is something I definitely expect and it was another disappointment so easily addressed by JLR if they wished! :confused:

So what we need to determine is what is different about @DKZ5745 setup or the camera? Does it alert for a specific type maybe? Are you definitely sure that the car isn't putting a route in automatically for you? Can you please do some analysis to see why, we'd much appreciate it if we can replicate it with ours. (y)
I think that's the point.
You have a fault which needs sorting so it's not JLR per se.
Mine and others DO give the double beep for cameras.
Has done so ever since I've had it.
It beeps at speed cameras AND traffic light cameras near me.
It even knows which gantries on the M25 have cameras too.
The only time it didn't was after a software update the nav voice was turned to zero (The beeps are/were linked to the satnav voice volume) which was easliy rectified by putting in a route and turning up the nav voice.
Mine beeps with no map showing, no route running and the radio on or off.
The cause of rencar's issue still seems to be a mystery.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
From @PhilB s post ⬆ It would appear no further investigation is needed, but I will try to make sure next time I’m out that I don’t have the map screen showing on the main display. I do always have the map showing on the instrument cluster, but I suppose I could change that for a journey or two to see if that makes a difference.
There was definitely no route programmed, and the loan car I had, a 70 plate first edition gave the same audible warnings, but I’m not sure what screens I had up on that one, I had been having a play to see what the differences were (if any) between the later 1st edition & my SE.
The camera I went through in both cars is a traffic light camera. I don’t think it’s speed related, just for red light jumpers, but I would have thought it would be exactly the same on the database.
I‘ll get back with my findings when I next go anywhere that has a speed camera.

Reactions: rencar

·
Registered
Spock - MY20 D180 Evoque R-Dynamic SE Santorini Black Pimp-Wagon!
165 Posts
It appears that several people in this thread don't get the warnings so I'm not sure if it is indeed a fault, more probably a setting or configuration difference.

I have a standard speed cam that I have to pass on the way into town and it appears in the database, warning only when a route set. The audio is fine in that instance. I use the single dial on the dash with map on the right and data on the left. My partner uses the 2 dials with the map inbetween and it still doesn't alert. All software up to date as was only serviced yesterday.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
It is quite odd @CaptainNick on paper we have identical cars & software, MY20 R-Dynamic SE with all updates applied, so it’s very strange that mine sounds & yours doesn’t 🤔

·
Registered
165 Posts
@DKZ5745 Can we compare settings and software versions please?

I have Safety Camera ticked under the Nav Alerts settings.
Infotainment software version: S20C1_20.48.3-635557
Vehicle software version: 19.2
ICTP App version: 2019BX.3-9209
Map version: 8.30.118.152

Still cannot get it to warn for cameras without a route set whether or not the map is visible on the main screen and/or the dash screen. The camera symbol appears on the map when visible on any display but there is no alert or warning.

One thought I had was do you approach your cameras above the limit as maybe they only warn if over? The particular camera I'm using to test is difficult to be anywhere near the 30 limit it is set to as it is just after a major set of 3 traffic lights and an area with lots of traffic. I need the lights to be green and quiet to test that theory out!:unsure:

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I approach every camera above the limit 😱
Actually that’s not true, some are usually in heavy traffic so almost always under the limit.
But, the one I noticed when I posted previously was a traffic light camera, so not speed regulated. I always get a warning when I approach it.
I will check my settings next time I’m in the car & get back to you on comparisons.

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
As mine is exactly the same (ie. no alerts in general driving), I’ll also post my versions tomorrow.

·
Registered
MY20 P300 HSE R-Dynamic
91 Posts
From what I can see you have the same settings as me. Problem is I live in remote West Wales, I can't actually recall the nearest speed camera to test.

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
13,493 Posts
This problem seems to be Jaguar related too. A few on the F Type forum are reporting the same problem

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Took a couple of pics this morning...

9947A079-3933-40BE-BA5F-AFF3CB3C5DBC.jpeg
BC5DE49C-E849-47C3-8086-1E6E0219248A.jpeg
4E5053C7-6D99-4387-AF5B-ADE31BC7CE57.jpeg

·
Registered
MY20.5 Range Rover Evoque (L551) First Edition P250 in Nolita Grey on a 70 plate
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Here are my settings (alerts don’t work whilst just driving around).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I see that both you and Captain Nick have the latest map (118).
I haven't updated mine in over 6 months so just wondering if the latest update could have an issue.
As XZ4 said this is popping up elsewhere too.
Maybe get the next one uploaded as soon as it appears and see if that makes a difference ?

·
Registered
MY2020 Evoque D180 R-Dynamic SE
143 Posts
My reading of the thread is that @DKZ5745 is also running the latest updates, but is not having the problems. Is that correct DKZ?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I always get sound on approaching speed cameras.
I have updated maps twice since having car. However I haven’t installed the latest update.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
My reading of the thread is that @DKZ5745 is also running the latest updates, but is not having the problems. Is that correct DKZ?
Yes, that’s right Mark. Never had any problems with alerts before or after any updates.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Here are my settings (alerts don’t work whilst just driving around).
Very strange, we appear to be running exactly the same software versions but with different results.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I've asked over on the XE forums for those with the duo pro and so far all seems ok.
This may come down to a "software" issue like a lot of JLR problems...........🙄

·
Registered
165 Posts
It's not map, Infotainment software or Vehicle software version as these are the same. What about ICTP App version and Nav settings? None of you have compared these. Go into Nav settings on the options menu and you can find it all in there.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
Here are my ICTP app version

Attachments

21 - 40 of 63 Posts