Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dynamic 5 door black or grey, if anyone has pics/advise for me please let me know. Black is stunning only one this scratches stick out, grey is saver but yet to see a HD pic's or video's of the 5 door dynamic in grey plenty of black HD videos on YouTube. Please help I have about 2weeks max.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello

I have been in the same boat but have decided on black.

There is a nice grey 3 door on you tube if you put in "drive time review with Steve hammes"
But I passed a transporter with my choice of black with the shadow wheels and it looked the dogs....

Mark.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree m8 smart as, since you have ordered it look on YouTube: The Range Rover Evoque 2012 in London!! Nice Care.
Also on youtube: Auto-Top: Range Rover Evoque
Auto-top one shows it off well watch that one that will get you excited
still would like to see the 5 door dynamic in grey tho.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Mr Bear,My first choice was Black until I saw the colours in the showroom. Black was wiped off my list instantly because it basically did not suit the Evoque. It made it look like a small Freelander! To me the Evoque needs lighter colours to make the futuristic contours to stand out.This is only an opinion,"you decide".

·
Registered
8 Posts
I opted for Orkney Grey Dynamic with Black Contrast Panoramic Roof and 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys. It will be delicious to the eye.

Black does not do the dynamic justice in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Broady/piglauncher, I do like black But like use say maybe not the best colour for the dynamic with all the exterior piano black pack you get with this model. Such a hard choice, with grey you don't see scratches as much and you won't have to clean as often as the black. Choices choices, that's what's so hard about the evoque too many choices between options and colours. I suppose it's good that you have the choice but not for people like me black or white inside roof, black or normal colour outside roof, shadow alloys or normal, dash silver strip or black lol. It's all good fun if your outside looking in but not for me heeeelp meeeee.

It's all good

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the luxury of havingboth black and grey models side by side when I went for a test drive. I thought the grey won hands down. Silvers nice and white. The red was tempting too though......
I know what you mean about choices, I must have changed my spec a dozen times.I also thought long and hard about what was nice but not essential. I sickened myself with deliberation and eventually put myself out of my misery by going grey out, dark in and addingeverything.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a black Dynamic 5 door on order and I think it looks fine in black. I have a white Seat Leon now so I've done the whole white thing already.

I have got the shadow 20" wheels on it and the Verve seats, it looks stunning in the flesh as well, seen 1 in the dealer and I was sold at that point.

It's a hard choice and I almost changed to red just before my build locked but resisted.

Roll on 15th March now!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Like others, chose grey as looks sooooo good. Plain black looked a but dull to me on the Evoque & looking at year old RR, RRS & Discos, shows stratches badly. Top spec black little bling to me, but whatever colour you have, I am sure it will look amazing! Can't wait until early March either

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have to agree with some of the above posters over the colour choices.

I think the Evoque Is better suited to brighter colours, seems to show off the shape much better.

I've gone for Red, but was Initially going for White, which does look good, but I thought as It was the standard colour there would be lots around.

The Mauritius Blue looks amazing even the dodgy Green looks great.

Thats not to say Black or Grey doesn't look good, Its down to Individual choice at the end of the day.

Whatever colour, the Evoque must be the most stylish car around.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am a worker @halewood building the 76 award winning evoque and see some great colour combinations, my personal opinions are Fuji white, Sumatra black roof with black boot tail looks stunning or a new ish colour Baltic blue, looks great, which ever you decide thanks for choosing the evoque. Hope you have many happy years of driving it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought an ex demo so I could see the car I was actually buying..
I was anti black and infavour of orkney grey until I saw them both with ivory trim.
The black won hands down.
Red looks very smart. But if I had a free choice it would be Orkney with black interior easier to keep clean!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I agree that the car suits bright colours and theblack dynamic I saw didnot show itself off in my opinion.
Iwent for a Prestige in the Firenze Red and love it,everyone comments on the colour.

Whatever you gofor I think the Dynamic witha contrasting roof colour looks great.

When I picked mine up the dealership owner had a Red Dynamic with silver roof which I thought was quite an original choice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So Mr Bear,,,,,,
Are you any closer???
I like the idea of black and most of the plastic bits colour coded.....
Ok they don't stand out..... But they blend in.
I didn't go all the way and have the black drug dealer wheels as I'm over 25.
At the day they are all sex on wheels (except the puke green one).....

Now I'm for it.... What's that I see in the distance, a crowd with pitch forks...

Mark.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello !
I can only recommend the white color with a panorama roof, because this car is really all corners and edges of retribution. The vehicle comes in black not for retribution. he lacks the charisma.
greeting gerhard

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi all,
First of all thanks for your comments it has been a great help. Taking all things into account at the moment Which I have to say it has changed a lot in the last few days but it looks like grey is in pole position.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Done black for a few years in various cars so decided on a total change and went for the Firenze with pano and contrast black roof, privacy glass. Not that I had much of a choice, O order it, get the finance in my name, pay for it but the car is registered to my better half......... so be it. It looks great especially with the Verve interior.

The white revolution started about 2 years ago and suddenly there were white 4x4s everywhere. It does look great but not for me.

Each to their own but the only colour I am not sold on is the Lime Green (which I am sure looks good when you see it up close)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I took a detour on a visit to Liverpool to take a look in the compounds to have a look at all the colours some months ago. I too thought that both greens would be my least favoured colours, but had a pleasant surprise. Both looked great, particularly the Colima Lime, which is a subtle lime I thought. Photos do not do it justice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
For those of us buying Pures, RR have now thrown contrasting roofs Into the mix.

Wasn't an option earlier on, but the Firenze with a Black top with the Pano roof does look stunning,

But Ive decide not to go with It, would cost an extra £500.

Makes peoples choices even harder.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts