Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've not had much time to research the evoque so I'll be browsing the forum to pick up some tips etc.....

Rushed order as I need a car for the Mrs for the end of March. I had a macan GTS on order without telling her but she did not like them so cancelled today and evoque ordered for end March delivery.

I may be new to evoque but not range rover, I run an L405 as my daily and despite a blown engine on 15k miles I still love it, so this will be a little sister.

Not much spec to add ......

Diesel autobiography in black
Black leather
Black headlining
Black rear windows
Active dynamics
Massage seats
Dual view screen
Spare wheel
Service pack
Chip and scratch insurance

She loved it so excited.

I know the dealer really well so got a healthy discount to keep the mrs happy after my error with the macan ie got the lot for a few grand under list without the extras, better than I've ever got off range rover before in relative terms. He must have been in a good mood lol

Looking forward to some retrospective research and any tips welcome eg problems I should look out for.Edited by: Jonttt

·
Super Moderator
10,112 Posts
Hi and welcome. A few new Autobiography owners joining recently. Fingers crossed it arrives before the new Tax system on 1st April

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hi and welcome Jonttt. Your car sound an excellent model and spec

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: I have a provisional delivery date of 26th March so hopefully it won't slip. Dealer thinks it will come forward if anything.

Also treated myself to a new toy as I did not spend as much on SWMBO new car as I had planned. Picked this up on Wednesday ;-)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Hmmm, I suspect that was just a leettle bit more than you saved on the Evoque
. Very nice though, all you need now is a bit of sunshine!

·
Super Moderator
10,112 Posts
That's a nice Boxster GTS
. I think you've spent more on yourself than on SWMBO

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shhhhhh, she thinks it was 20 grand ;-)

Met up with the Sales Manager for a drink (I've known him for years) and he has guaranteed pre April delivery even if he factory collects for me lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the car has been made, and delivered to the dealer. I guess thats one advantage of them being made around the corner c6 weeks from deciding to buy one.

We could have picked up last weekend but could not fit it in so picking up this Sunday.

Always nice to get a new car :)

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
how exciting not long to go now.... 6 weeks wasn't long to wait ... you were lucky good luck with handover :)

·
Super Moderator
10,112 Posts
Very nice
. Surprised you didn't go for the graphite pack to match all that blackness

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Very nice indeed - though I notice that little Boxster (that you got so cheap, ahem...) just keeps creeping into view. Looks like some fine weather is coming next week, time to get the hood down and have fun!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been driving the boxster surprisingly often and am very pleased with the combination of ffrr for the weekly slogs around the country and then a complete contrast.

Am also very pleased with the evoque, hopefully that's shmbo sorted for a few years. Not sure how much I'll drive it but that was the point really in getting the evoque plus boxster v Macan I cancelled so absolutely no regret in that decision.

Not sure swmbo will ever use dynamic mode but when I tested it it not only turns the dials red but also the ambient lighting turns red. Nice effect lol

·
Registered
744 Posts
Well if you drive your Porsche like i did, 911 Carrera 2 2002 I did 2500 miles in 5 years. It spent more time locked in garage with cover over it. Loved the car but had so many other toys it never got used.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
XZ4 said:
Very nice 
.  Surprised you didn't go for the graphite pack to match all that blackness 
I nearly did, would have gone black pack if they offered it. There was a glitch with the configurator at the time of order (not sure if fixed now) where if you added the graphite pack it remover the panoramic roof and you could not add it back on even though it's free on the autobiography. In the end I decided I like the silver contrast. Dealer offered to paint wheels black but I love the autobiography wheels and they stand out more in silver. Plus I already have a black pack rr so another probably too much. The silver adds / is part of the autobiography package so ultimately decided to retain it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
steviegtr52 said:
Well if you drive your Porsche like i did, 911 Carrera 2 2002 I did 2500 miles in 5 years. It spent more time locked in garage with cover over it. Loved the car but had so many other toys it never got used. 
That will my 993 C4S garage *****, less than 1000 miles in last 3 years but best looking car I have ever owned though ;-)

·
Registered
744 Posts
Nice.my problem was I sort of fell out with it. I sold my skyline gtr which was up to nearly 700bhp so was dissapointed with the 320 of the 3.6. I should have bought the Turbo. Been looking at new Ftype 5.0 but just can't justify the pennies.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I prefer na to fi in my hobby cars, better sound and more fun on British roads. My days of high hp turbos are well behind me.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yes i know what you mean. Speed camera,s everywhere now. Am looking for a new bike but will be keeping away from hi hp now. Too old to go fast & loose licence. Stupid thing is this Evoque i got for missis is so nice to drive, not bothered about thrashing it. Driving Miss daisy time i think.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well time for a 6 month update.....

Car has been faultless with no niggles but to be fair has only done c2200 miles on school runs but definitely makes my life easier that both SWMBO and little SWMBO love it. The little one sits in the front on a booster seat and loves playing with the massage seats apparently.

I've only driven it a couple of times but was fun so would happily drive it more. My daily FFRR is going next week to be replaced by a new 740, decided to go back to a saloon for business as we are so happy with the evoque so it will probably see more action as the family car going forward which is a big compliment to it.

It's now also wearing a private plate DA15Y ## which is our daughters name so it's now her car.

Booked into the cheshire experience day next Friday which should be fun and RR threw in a free stay with meal at the hotel which was nice of them (Well I had to ask but they sorted it)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts