Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with the new First Edition or HSE found they wish they had gone for something different? Extras etc. I know it's a brave thing but anyone disappointed with something? I only ask as I am a bit bored with the wait and lack of communication from the dealers.

·
Registered
MY20.25 P250 SE R Dynamic Silicon Silver, Black Pack, Pano, Driver Pack
72 Posts
Anyone with the new First Edition or HSE found they wish they had gone for something different? Extras etc. I know it's a brave thing but anyone disappointed with something? I only ask as I am a bit bored with the wait and lack of communication from the dealers.
I would’ve gone for the First Edition or come to that the HSE but to avoid keyless I had to go SE & raid the option bin :plain:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
According to a dealer I frequented last month where I mistakenly showed just a tiny bit of interest in one which had him foaming uncontrollably at the mouth while plying me and the mrs with free coffee's he suggested the first edition is actually better spec'd than the R Dynamic HSE I decided we would swap into next time, trouble is the mrs(who is paying) doesn't like any of the 3 colour options for the first edition, shame as I quite liked the seoul pearl silver, so it looks like we'll just have to make do with the HSE, paupers!

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
if I had my choice again I think I would go for the lower and spec up as missing my cameras which you can't spec on first edition .... it does have most of the toys but had 360 cameras on the last one and never used them so didn't think I would miss them ... but I do as they have improved it and cameras kick in automatically in the front .... but that's the only thing really I miss :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
I think people need to spend a lot of time comparing specs on the configurator.
Is the R-Dynamic spec worth £1600 over the standard?
If you look carefully at what you get for your money it's basically bling.
I saved the money and spent it on what I considered useful additions such as adaptive suspension.
I also seem to recall a drive pack being on there which will reduce in cost depending on your model as it may already have some of the features.
Be careful as the only thing I wanted out of the pack were the 360 cameras which I didn't have on the HSE spec.
Everything else in the pack was already on the car.
The reduction in cost of the pack when adding it wasn't close to the stand alone cost of the 360.
Worked out cheaper to forget the pack and spec the cameras separately

Buyer beware.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I love the look of r- dynamic bling especially with black pack..... I’d have that over the cameras all day long ..... I take it it comes with mirrors ..... but then us women park so much better��
And definitely a sliding roof ... as Angel says start lower add the spec you want....

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Ok I know its a big ask and probably a PITA but can someone put up a side by side spec comparison, a first edition is out the question because she whos paying doesn't like any of the 3 colours, she also wants the exhaust tips not the hidden ones, so its a P300 R Dynamic HSE, or just a HSE, or an P300 S, too much stuff going on in my head, why aren't things simple

·
Super Moderator
MY14 Jaguar F Type 3.0S Convertible
11,122 Posts
I don't think the 825w Meridian is an option on the FE. Also the P 250 is all you get , not the P300.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Just looked on auto trader, its not going to be a plain S either, the S doesn't have the exhaust tips and also the little steaks in the front bumper vents(she likes the too), looks like its R Dynamic spec but is it an S, SE or HSE that is the question

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The S doesn't have the lower touch screen. We were going for an HSE but it worked out more expensive if we wanted ugly kid glass and a nice colour. Carwow did me proud only the dealer that offered the FE deal was "up north" and eventually my localish dealer matched. It is just a long very quiet wait!

·
Registered
621 Posts
I love the look of r- dynamic bling especially with black pack..... I’d have that over the cameras all day long ..... I take it it comes with mirrors ..... but then us women park so much better��

:grin:
Very handy for those killer kerbs in multi-storey car parks.
:smile:

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
:grin:
Very handy for those killer kerbs in multi-storey car parks.
:smile:
Not only can us women park better ,but apparently drive round bends without scrapping wheels.... 360 cameras for the elderly partial sighted as much use as a chocolate oven glove ?xx

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
and then she woke up!!!!!!:wink:

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
am with Donna .... we park so much better ! .... ;)

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
I remember Mrs V ringing me all excited one day when she had reversed into a parking space. Ok it was 2 am on a Sunday morning but it was a start.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
and she had set off to the supermarket the mornimg before--Result!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I would’ve gone for the First Edition or come to that the HSE but to avoid keyless I had to go SE & raid the option bin :plain:
You can switch the keyless entry off If you don’t want it. I did that for mine when a fair number of keyless cars were being nicked off of drives in my area. I must be getting lazy though because after 3 years of keyless entry I found it a 'faff' to have to use the remote to lock/unlock every time. First world problems I know so I switched it back on and we put our keys in an old biscuit tin every night now!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and I guess I have the same question. I'm about to sign on my first Evoque and I definitely want the R-Dynamic look, so my dealer suggested First Edition Nolita Grey P250 (my choice) which they have on stock. Coming from a cabriolet, I fear I might miss the sliding solar rooftop though. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
You can get a sliding panoramic with new model?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts