Evoque Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 444 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could, what would you do to improve on your Evoque experience? What would you maybe like to see changed for the next model, or brought out as an added accessory?

Let us know your thoughts here!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Heated rear seats and dynamic cruise control spring immediately to mind.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bigger faster engine with a manual gearbox, better rear bumper design to hide the towbar and electrics apart from that nothing

·
Registered
55 Posts
Auto dipping rear view mirror should be standard on this type of car. Only costs a small amount on the options lists so why not simply include it as standard?

Spare wheel as standard. A spary can isn't going to do much when you're miles from nowhere.

A proper dual clutch semi automatic gearbox would be good (as per VW's DSG).

Upgraded plastics in the lower half of the vehicle interior (glove box lid, and roller cover on cup holdersspring to mind)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was disappointed that the Evoque didn't have a split tailgate like our Discovery 3. I really miss that. It would be so easy to do as it already has an obvious "divider" just above the number plate. With just the top raised it made it so much easier to get the dog before lowering the bottom half and also easier to stop the shopping rolling out! Our drive is on a slope so I've had to design, (and my wife has made), a "keep net" to keep the shopping in just as a lower half tailgate would.

Can someone tell me how to improve the mpg to the official figures?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Concept had a split tailgate, wish they had kept it as it looked really sweat.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We ordered the auto headlights but the problem with these is that they only dip when they detect lights coming towards you or switch on during the day when you drive into a tunnel. I prefer to dip the headlights as soon as I detect the beam of a vehicle coming towards me , (before I see the headlights), or switch them on before I go into a tunnel. Voice control could be developed to do this instead of switching on with the stalk.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Spike said:
We ordered the auto headlights but the problem with these is that they only dip when they detect lights coming towards you or switch on during the day when you drive into a tunnel. I prefer to dip the headlights as soon as I detect the beam of a vehicle coming towards me , (before I see the headlights), or switch them on before I go into a tunnel. Voice control could be developed to do this instead of switching on with the stalk.
Hi Spike, if you have 'Auto headlights' only, these will come on when light fades as in the tunnel scenario you describe.

The 'Auto High Beam Assist', which is an optional extra are the lights that dip for oncoming vehicles. They also dip when they detect the red tail lights of a car in front. I have used these lights on teh Jag and they are very clever and sensitive, they will dip on detection of oncoming lights i.e. before the car comes into view. I have not chosen them as an option though, for £155 I can use the stalk to dip the main beam.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
8 speed auto to hopefully improve the mpg and to make the Evoque a little smoother with gearchanges.

Sort out the touchscreen. Very old-school and dangerous to make adjustments whilst driving.

Make the right hand steering wheel buttons more useful such as actually controlling the screen so that i can make phone calls easily and maybe control my ipod better.

Stop that annoying alarm when the door is open with the ignition on
. just once is fine but constantly...... i know the bloody door is open.....why would i want to drive away with the door open?.......

·
Registered
63 Posts
to stop the annoying seat belt 'ping' turn ignition only on....then click the drivers seat belt in and out about 20 times really quickly then start and try driving. Should only be 8 times for seat belt (this was on our Disco 4) but it took about 20-30 clicks in and out on the Evoque to work....No more ping ! Hooray

·
Registered
208 Posts
BTS18 said:
The 'Auto High Beam Assist', which is an optional extra are the lights that dip for oncoming vehicles. They also dip when they detect the red tail lights of a car in front. I have used these lights on teh Jag and they are very clever and sensitive, they will dip on detection of oncoming lights i.e. before the car comes into view. I have not chosen them as an option though, for £155 I can use the stalk to dip the main beam.

Hope this helps.

First day with the car yesterday (and haven't read the handbook!) but last night I noticed that they also dip automatically when you slow down to about 25 mph.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Donny Dog said:
First day with the car yesterday (and haven't read the handbook!) but last night I noticed that they also dip automatically when you slow down to about 25 mph.
Have you had fun on your first full day in the new toy? A big learning curve with all the new gadgets to try out.

Must say I was a little jealous when I saw your photo's, soooo looking forward to getting mine but still 2 month wait.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi BTS18, Yes, the self dipping lights that we have on the car are very sensitive - they dip when approaching reflective roads signs as well! This is why I was suggesting an improvement of voice activation rather than using a light sensor. Currently it is the wrong type of technology which is being used. We are being sold something which seems like a good idea which doesn't work. My advice to anyone considering this option is not to waste your money until it is improved.

·
Registered
208 Posts
BTS18 said:
Donny Dog said:
Have you had fun on your first full day in the new toy? A big learning curve with all the new gadgets to try out.

Must say I was a little jealous when I saw your photo's, soooo looking forward to getting mine but still 2 month wait.
Most things you can learn intuitively by pushing buttons, the rest I'll probably never even know about unless I read it on here, as I'm not good at manuals!
I've had cars before that I only found gadgets on the day I traded them in. I was once cleaning a car ready for hand-over, and, when doing the driver's floor, I noticed what looked like a lever. I pulled it, and the steering column fell on my head - I hadn't even known it had an adjustable steering column, and I'd had it five years!

The new car hasn't left the house since that first night! I ordered mud flaps with it, which they didn't fit, and someone at the garage had 'robbed' parts out of the inner packet of bits, so I couldn't fit them either. Since then, the weather has been foul, and, living on a farm, I couldn't bring myself to splatter it with mud and stones before the flaps were fitted. So, I'm waiting for the parts to arrive by post!

On the subject of mud, I have to say I'm a bit worried about the rear wheel arch liners. They are made out of a cheap-and-nasty, soft, quilted felt, which soaks up water and you can poke your finger through it when its wet. It will be impossible to keep clean, and its durability prospects don't look great. It will also retain moisture, including salty water, adjacent to metal components which surely must encourage rust. What WERE they thinking about???

·
Registered
186 Posts
Spike - My auto dipping lights work perfectly, I am really impressed with them. Perhaps you should speak to your dealer?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I want to be able to configure my indicator lamps, (right or left), to flash 5 or 6 times when I nudge the indicator stalk instead of the 2 - 3 flashes they currently make. Have you noticed that many drivers "mirror, signal, manoeuvre" all in a split second, (and for some drivers, not in that order.) I want to signal my intention to change lane with 5 flashes and then actually do it on the 6th. I've looked under "preferences" but can't find it.
<h1>
</h1>

1 - 20 of 444 Posts