Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5+ Months

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
No they don't care as they've taken over a hundred thousand orders world wide so if a few thousand customers cancel does it really matter to them at all. We've got a baby due at the end of the month and really need the car,as we've sold our tt. Car was due end of November now end of Jan. I called landrover customer service, all they said was "your not the only one". Fantastic thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My car was due last week. I hadn't heard from the dealer, so I called for an update. I was told that the car would be delayed by 6 weeks and they apologised for "forgetting to tell me about the delay"!

The dealer had had no fewer than 16 updates from Land Rover about problems with supplies such as xenon headlamps, sunroofs etc. LR had alsothought that orders would be split 70% / 30% in favour of Coupes, where the reality is 50/50. Are they surprised when they are charging an extra £1000 for the Coupe? They must think the public arestupid!

This has been my first experience of the LR brand - it will probably be the last.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm surprised you think the expected split was 70/30 in favour of the coupes. I thouught it was expected to be 50/50 but has turned out to be 70/30 in favour of 5 doors. Whichever it is, the car is late and Land Rover's production planning and communication to their customers are a total shambles. Factor in the couldn't-care-less attitude of the dealers and you have a dismal buying experience.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tell u what, it's going to be fun filling in the customer satisfaction form when we finally get our cars. That said I bet they will forget to send them to us. What a joke.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Deposit paid. may 2010 with promise of delivery sept 2011 still waiting and no date given as yet. they dont even bother to keep me informed .

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think a litte research would have told you that there was little or no chance of getting a car in sept 2011. I placed in june and was told jan to march 2012.

·
Registered
4 Posts
placed first order may 2010 was informed by LR delivery sept 2011 still waiting .maybe 16 months is to short an order time ???

·
Registered
133 Posts
get my car this week after a 3-4 week delay so not too bad!

·
Registered
5 Posts
this is only time when no news is not good news

order my back in jan 2011 and still no one has a date yet i phone everyone
if anyone could give me any tips

·
Registered
20 Posts
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">
The following letter from the MD ofLand Rover UK was forwarded to me yesterday by my dealer.

Range Rover Evoque Delivery Delays<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />[/B]

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">[/B]
I want to apologise to all those who have been affected by the delayed availability of Range Rover Evoque and to explain the reason why a proportion of Range Rover Evoque orders have been delayed beyond their originally quoted delivery dates.

The production of all new models goes through a period of build ramp up. Initially, build volumes are low and then progress through a period of ramp up as confidence in the process grows. Simultaneously, the various component parts and the finished vehicles are constantly reviewed to ensure that increasing build volumes are not affecting the manufacturing facilities ability to produce quality vehicles.

Volume production of the new Range Rover Evoque commenced in August and, while production volumes week on week have been increasing, they have not met the ramp up plan that had been in place.

We are determined to maintain a production process focussed on delivering the highest levels of build quality. Increasing the production line speed could deliver vehicles in greater volumes but at a cost and that cost would be a decrease in vehicle quality.

I want to assure you that we are working to remedy the situation; however, we do recognise that there is no overnight solution. I also want to assure you that vehicles are being built in line with date of order.

I am conscious that delays in delivery impact in different ways. Some customers may experience a minor inconvenience, while for others delays can cause major disruption. To address the <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">situation</st1:placeName> <st1:place w:st="on">Land</st1:place></st1:place> Rover has taken action in conjunction with its dealer network to seek to minimise the impact for each individual and your dealership will seek to understand your needs and tailor a response.

Again, I apologise that this situation has arisen. Land Rover is extremely proud of its new product and wants as many customers as possible to be enjoying the experience of driving their Range Rover Evoque at the earliest opportunity.

Every effort continues to address the situation.

<?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /></v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape></v:></v:shape>

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Colin Green[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Managing Director[/B]
</v:></v:shape></v:></v:shape><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Land Rover <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">UK</st1:country-region></st1:place>[/B]

·
Registered
23 Posts
What a load of crap....... Excuses all the time. They soon take deposits off you. Mine has been earning them a nice bit of interest. I am now on delivery date 7 or 8. its a bloody mess. What a company to deal with. Noone in the company seems to know anything. I think landrover bit off more than they can chew............................................

·
Registered
1 Posts
My local dealer put a spin on the delays by telling me they were caused by such an overwhelming amount of preorders... They told me I had better hurry up and order mine because the longer I waited, the longer the delay would be. I ordered mid Nov 2011 (dynamic, 5dr), I guess we'll wait and see... I was originally told to expect the RR between Feb - Mar 2012.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have sold over 50 Evoques to date and only 1 of my customers have been let down by the date I have given for delivery so far...(Happens to be a friend also) What I would say is when I tell the customer the date of expected delivery and they tell me they can get a shorter lead time from another dealer (that happens to put the same order in the same place as me) I think that sometimes the customers are being mislead. I feel that I would probably have another 50 orders in the bank if the people I had spoke to had maybe taken my advise and not bought from a dealer 50 miles away as they told them it will be a march delivery (which I know is now currently June/July) feel alot more customers are going to be on here expressing how they have been let down by the dealers with delays. It has been a tough year for Landrover with the paint from japan in the tsunami and the factory that produces the dashboards catching fire (out of control circumstances) however when I am honest and let the customer decide if the car is right for them (not being pushy) but then disagrees with me about delivery times due to another dealer just looking to take the order and cross bridges when it comes to it because to be honest your not going to canx when youve waited 3 months I dont have too much sympathy. The only plus point is the car is definately worth the wait....trust me...:)

1 - 20 of 235 Posts